Raleigh Gran Sport

wired99

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I just aquired this bike and have fallen for it in a big way. I appreciate it lacks the class of Italian thoroughbreds but I think it's a nice, clean bike that holds its own. Frame is 531c, with full Campag Gran Sport groupset. I think this around '82/'83 and, from my limited knowledge, is a pretty well made Raleigh at the time. It's in beautiful condition and I think the Milremo saddle just adds that certain style...

008-1.jpg

That looks absolutely spot on! Any chance of some more photos? I am working hard on converting my wife, friends and family to the '70s/ '80s road bike cause... :D

Love it. I had a Raleigh catalogue with this Gran Sport model in it when I was about 13. It was the stand out bike for me even above the Team Replica.

I always liked this bike, it was good value at the time.

Sue Fenwick of Essex RC rode and won lots of races on one of these at the time.

Thanks for all th feedback chaps, glad it has been recieved so favourably. I half bought this bike with the intention of selling it on but once I got it out of the box I realised that it was a bit special. As I said it really is in great condition and hasn't been ridden since late 80s. The wheelset is barely used, a lovely combination of Normandy Maillard 700 high flange Team hubs on Gentleman 81 rims, built by Ken Stubbs.

Sadly they are replica hoods, I too have trouble finding affordable black Campagnolo ones :(

Can't wait to put a few miles into her, roll on summer.

Cheers

Very nice Del

I do like the pearlescent orange and the no-nonse aesthtics. The 'romantic' Italian compentry adds a nice touch to this bike.

Lovely Concor too :cool:

That is a really good looking bike. Nice understated graphics & the right amount of chrome. Perfect.

Any idea where it was made? Worksop?

Back