hello, what do you think of my cannondale?

magicmistertea

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
im still building this bike i will post completed photos up when its all done. really good website well done. by the way im really trying to find an sm 800 if anyone has got one, cheers

Attachments

• cannondale 006.jpg
    cannondale 006.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,233
You have won it on ebay ? :D
It's a 16" 1990 SM700 frame ("cannondale" is written on the level tube) and a SM800 beast of the East 1991 pepperoni fork. The bike had originals parts. You need the "Odyssee "pump-seat post :D .
Funny old school bike

yes i won it on e-bay, offered the guy a buy it now deal!. it didnt come with all its original parts though. it had new budget levers and shifters, which came off imediately. the seat was a cheap modern diamond back version. other than that it was original. very similar to my mates sm 800 he had back in the day! . p.s its not a 1990 its a 1991 as listed on
http://www.firstflightbikes.com/cannondale_specs.htm
p.s how do you know its a 16"?

The fork is 1991. The frame is 1990 I'm sure. In 1991, the sm700 has the same color, but the logo "cannondale" was written on the diagonal tube (like the other cannondale). In the first time, until 1990, cannondale was written on the horizontal tube like yours. If the logo of the head tube is a house, it would be a 1989, but the dropouts are 90, 91, 92, 93.
For the colors, the sm was black and green in 1990 and 1991. The SM800 best of the east was red (red shred) or black and green in 1990, and green-gold or black and orange in 1991 (like your fork)
Under the BB, You have a number. gothere for information. 1990 and 1991 sm700 were quite the same bike. On the link I give you, you have the catalogs too !

It's a 16" because it's a 3.0 level frame, not a "best of the east" with the sloping frame. In 1990; the sloping frame used U brakes on the rear. On other hand, the BB was higher(the stays were very horinzotal. The stays of yours slopes a little to the BB). Only the smallest size of the 3.0 frame was sloping.

okay fair enough.

i thought i knew quite a lot about cannondales, but ill take my hat off to you 24pounces. cheers for the link. p.s can you tell me what the s and what the m stands for? cheers.

Back