NOW SOLD John Fern lightwieght racer

biggs682

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
FOR SALE HERE IS VERY LIGHT AND HANDMADE JOHN FERN OF COALVILLE
VELOS FOUGERE MANS RACING CYCLE.
this is a very light 8.5 kg steel tubed frame unable to confirm what type of tubing
i was told by previous owner that it was Reynolds but no frame sticker to prove , my local bike shops best guess is that its either 531c or 753 due to the size and type of luwork.
23 1/2 " or 60 cm frame finished in a nice Burgundy colour , some knocks and bruises but no nasty touch ups hiding them so all visable , but would touch up easy .
fitted with the following bits and pieces to make a realy responsive and a joy to ride bike
chromed fr reynolds believed 531 forks with some pitting but sticker not readable
rear right hand lower chainstay chromed
cinelli giro d'italia alloy drop bars fitted on to 110 mm reach cinelli alloy stem that has the word fougere pantographed on them in red , modolo intern pat brake leavers fitted with white wieman hoods
operate Modolo intern dual pivot brake for extra stopping power
shimano headset that is nice and smooth
new ex 27.2 alloy micro adjust seat post with Sella italia XO saddle
double ring shimano 600 chainset with 170mm arms fitted with unbranded pedals
shimano dura ace down tube gear levers
shimano bolt on front derailieur with a dura ace model on rear all operate
the 14 gears very smoothly
black rigida double wall alloy rims laced on to a diamond back small flange fr hub with quick release
and a Tec small flange in black rear hub , fitted with a schwable fr tyre and a continental gatorskin rear.

this is a really nice and responsive bike to ride that would make an ideal training or racing bike

as far as i can make out John Ferns were a small bike shop that had a good local following and hade frames made to order at various frame builders from the midlands all badged up as there own Brand and model for there
own customers who specified what they wanted .

will post to most uk post codes please check first for an extra £27.50

asking for £175.00
viewing welcome and preffered
cash on collection or pay pal

Attachments

• red bike.jpg
    red bike.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,296
john fern

come on guys you dont know what you are missing by not looking at this its areal gem to ride , and quite unique

Back