Epping Forest - trails?

Pace

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So having managed to convince the gf to buy a decent MTB she now wants to go riding this weekend.

Not wanting to go silly and take her to Wales on the first outing I thought Epping Forest was a good idea - close to London, decent trails (as I remember).

But its years since I rode there - anyone know any links for some routes there? Or have any Garmin links I can use?

If you just go to the main bit by the kings head pub and follow your nose..... There are loads of cinder type trails to follow that should be easyish for her..... You can always dart off left or right as the mood takes you, and all roads lead back (up!) to high beech..... The bit you park at .

There's a large group called the Over 35's that meet up every saturday 10.30am (too early for me!) in chingford, split into two groups with different levels of rides/pace... The leaders have good knowledge of the trails. They have a facebook group if you're that way inclined.
Other than that High beach is your best bet as a starting point so long as you can sniff your way back. Bear in mind the place gets busy when the weathers good with lots of daytrippers and cyclists, but once heading out on the trails you'll have the place pretty much to yourself.
I'm no use as i still tend to lose my bearings but find some interesting hidden spots along the way. It's a lovely place to ride and most trails are well worn so you'll find some nice routes of varying terrain heading deeper into the forest.

There's a few helmet cam videos on youtube. Looks like it could be a fun place, and I'll be over there just as soon as I've ditched my rather impractical car for something with more seats, a useable boot and a roof.

Rode through there with the Fire Brigade MTB club type thing about 15 years ago.. had an awesome day.. trails were obvious and well mixed up..

IDB1":mhchluzf said:
Rode through there with the Fire Brigade MTB club type thing about 15 years ago.. had an awesome day.. trails were obvious and well mixed up..

what fire brigade is that then?

I'm in herts.....:0)

Back