Chaser's '97 Saracen Protrax - old chassis, new attire!

saracen

I always loved these saracens since I worked in stuart males cycles in norfolk years ago.That colour is awesome and the forks look great.
Can anyone remember what the saracen aluminium frame was called? it came out in about 1993/4 , fat tubes and the only ones I can remember seeing were in a matt grey or black colour? sorry to hijack but its been bugging me for ages.Lush bike though :D

That is bloody nice :cool:
Colour really suits, forks really suit, and cranks are a cracking finishing touch to the build IMO. :cool: :cool:

Impressive stuff :D

Pickle":3srkm6pb said:
You've made me want to slap some bounce on the front of mine now :LOL:

Do it Pickle... there are a lot of Judy's still around. Lots of spares for tuning too.

Cheers,

Chaser.

sinnett177":21ro7oel said:
Thats a top build Ian, bet she rides as nice as she looks too.

Hi Mark,

Yes, she's a real rider!

She has the same sort of set up position wise as the Dyna but feels more planted on the rough stuff... I think the fork is partly responsible and the frame feels stiffer than MT4.

Getting some ceramic hoops laced soon so braking will improve too. Virtually worn through the X717 rims over the winter.

Cheers,

Ian.

spacehopper":27el2x2a said:
im not usually a fan of purple...

but thats a fantastic looking bike!

mixes retro and new perfectly :)

Thanks Spacehopper,

I wanted to create a modern build that was still in the spirit of the original '97 spec.

It's great to have a bike that is 100% serviceable at home too.

I also wanted to elevate the Saracen brand into Fat Chance territory with matching custom forks and anno' bits 'n' pieces.

I really love riding this baby!

Cheers,

Chaser.

Back