Finally put the Xizang back together - Kandy-Kolored-Kontent

mechagouki

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Racing it next week so it needed doing, some will hate it, but I think it epitomises mid-to-late 1990s mountain biking:

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

x3.jpg

As you can see, I worked very hard to colour coordinate everything.

Love the tongue-in-cheek colour coordination! :cool:

Seriously though, it looks like how we all used to upgrade our bikes!

Thanks, I feel really good about the build, like it's really fun ,you know. I've tried building the bike twice before - once with yellow parts, once with red. Both times it seemed kind of forced and unnatural.

fingers":5vofvp37 said:
Love the tongue-in-cheek colour coordination! :cool:

Seriously though, it looks like how we all used to upgrade our bikes!

Agree with Fingers.

The only thing for me is the tyres - never seen any build suit them......ever!

Apart from that :cool:

Good stuff mate! Can't wait to see it in the metal next week! :cool:

Guess I have to bring one of the two Ti's next week to match you!

No love for the colour choice on the tyres here as well! :LOL: but hey, it's your bike, build it as you like! nothing's stopped me from doing the same. ;)

:LOL:

Yeah, the tires aren't called Wildgrippers for nothing! I know they are a love/hate thing, I've always kind of liked them, but I came from BMX and anyone who rode BMX in the mid-to-late eighties will know that it was no-holds-barred on wild coloured parts. TBH I will probably swap in some grey-wall Fire XCs (saw some on someones bike on here recently are they new?) when I find out where to buy them from.

Forgot to publicly thank RockiMtn for the beautiful red Control Stem, one of my favourite parts on the bike!

mechagouki":1j09hoh4 said:
but I came from BMX and anyone who rode BMX in the mid-to-late eighties will know that it was no-holds-barred on wild coloured parts.

No buts.....

IMGP1335.jpg

Don't see any green tyres on my bikes!

:LOL: :LOL:

Really don't like the tyres but rest is cool, good that it's going to be raced too :D

letmetalktomark":1f2uei02 said:
mechagouki":1f2uei02 said:
but I came from BMX and anyone who rode BMX in the mid-to-late eighties will know that it was no-holds-barred on wild coloured parts.

No buts.....

Don't see any green tyres on my bikes!

:LOL: :LOL:

WOW! I never saw green OGKs before, they are very cool! (I'm one of the minority that preferred OGKs over Tuffs, I had a Supergoose with yellow OGKs and I just loved that thing!

Back