1990-91 ish Marin Palisades frame, forks, bars + more - £20

dannywhiteley

Dirt Disciple
Got this off a friend, but no need for it. I think its a 1990-91 (correct me if wrong) Marin Palisades light grey frame, lime green forks and bars.

I'll have to meaure the frame if anyone is interested as forgot to do it just now.

Also comes with crank, pedals, BB, stem, rear durailier (sp?), main sprocket shifter, 2 thumb shifters, cables, seatclamp bolt and other bits an bobs photo'd. It includes the bolts for the brakes but not the brakes.

Overall requires a lot of work, but would make a nice cheap resto. Cant guarentee all the parts are working, as I picked it up like this but look to be ok apart from the chainrings look a bit bent..

Frame though, is in good nick, with no signs of structural damage or repairs, just the paint has expected marks, scrapes, scratches from 20 years of use and storage, with surface rust marks showing through.

£20 the lot? collected from Amersham, Bucks.

dscf3806e.jpg

dscf3805g.jpg

dscf3804u.jpg

dscf3800.jpg

dscf3799k.jpg

Well, the frame isnt worth out to me without the forks, so why not buy the lot and flog the rest to cover your costs?

Where yiou based?

Yeah, I would be quite happy to either buy the lot and you just send me the forks - maybe karma the other bits if there is any interest ?

I am in Bolton / Manchester but anoyingly - I have been in Ruislip twice in the last two weeks ! I think I am down at Heathrow this Tuesday if that's any good ?

Like I said, one way or the other, I NEED those forks :LOL:

Cheers,

WD :)

Whats it cost to send a pair of forks in the post? If you wanna cover the postage, plus £20 for this lot, anything you dont want I can offer out for free to anyone interested?

I can include perhaps the gear shifters in your package as they must be worth a couple of bob, plus any of the other small bits you want (durailier etc?)

Other than that the frame, bars, crank would be free on collection to anyone who wants it?

Sounding good :cool:

I think it cost me about £6 to post some forks using rm. If it's ok we could do £30 for the forks and crank posted, if it's anymore then I would see you right with a second payment :)

The crank is the only thing that will be usefull to me (if the tapers / threads are good) for the gf's bike. I have linked this thread to my marin build thread (it has a lot of watchers), initially to see if anyone could help with collection so some of the other stuff may go yet to :cool:

Cheers,

As an alternative option, I've been after a Zolatone Marin, and this would be a cool project for me. I'd be happy to collect the lot, pay you twenty quid and send the forks to WD for nothing, as Karma (cos I'm not gonna give up the Mavic's anytime soon)???? How's about that??

Steve

Sounds ace ! :cool:

Will cover you for postage & time etc, there are some very helpful people on this forum :cool: :cool:

Back