Rabobank Master new pics 15/6/10

Beautiful bike! I know it's verging on the sacrilegious but I actually think that generation of chainset is Campag's finest. My classic Super Record doesn't match up to my 2004 Chorus for looks (unless you look round the back).

But the thing is you need to sell it to a shorter rider! I might know someone who would take it off your hands... :LOL:

The grease port thing is tricky as I have some 8spd Chorus hubs from the early/mid nineties which have the ports just like Record. I think even Veloce had them in the mid-nineties.

Anyhow, great bike and a nice build.

ededwards":chrxnymw said:
Three comments:

1) Looks fantastic

2) That's a heck of a seatpost extension.

Which leads to...

3) .. you should sell it to me :twisted:

More seriously, it's a lovely bike, please make sure you ride it whenever the weather is clement.

Well, it is a lot of seatpost, but the TT length is perfect, and the reach down to the drops allows a nice tuck, but due to my long arms is still very comfortable. My alan with its long stem is actually more severe to ride, almost TT like on the drops...

And Im really sorry Ed (and Martin...) it really is a keeper, my first 'real' roadbike, its a work of art, and rides like an absolute dream. Id buy another in a heartbeat.

Im actually thinking of a white seatpost (ITM, keep it in the family!) and white bartape, what do you chaps think???

And thanks for the comments chaps :cool:

I ride it when its sunny and dry on the roads, never fails to raise a smile.

Oh and the hubs have oil/greaseports so perhaps they are Record... Either way, theyre good quality so Id get chorus at the least. The rims are near new, the UB control ridges are perfect. And the service course tyres have shaved half a pound off the weight, the non aero rims maybe another quarter...

Also just added cuissi cages - the proper pro tubular ss versons...

Like the blue tyre option, but I think another colour bar tape might be better.

The blue is quite a strong colour which looks good on the lower half in combination with the bottom bracket colour.

IMHO the handlebar colour should be either black or white, both of which blend with the frame colour scheme.

Nice bike

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Like the blue tyre option, but I think another colour bar tape might be better.

The blue is quite a strong colour which looks good on the lower half in combination with the bottom bracket colour.

IMHO the handlebar colour should be either black or white, both of which blend with the frame colour scheme.

Nice bike

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Well I have sourced a nice ITM seatpost, in black, which should shave a little weight from the cinelli stopgap model fitted...

Also thinking white bar tape too, will hold off til I have sourced a part for the LHS ergo tho - If anyone can help Im after one of those plastic covers that sits over the ratchet - It works without it but when you go on the hoods and welly it you can misshift easily (not the best time...)

Well the sun finally arrived here and dried the roads out, so just nipped out for a quick 30 min spin on it...

110 psi in the tyres, makes a fantastic noise on smooth tarmac (still some left!!!), you cant twiddle on this bike, it just runs away with you... Flip side is youre always knackered and breathless...

:cool:

More pics - in its 'riding' mode

Now with an ITM seatpost to match the stem - black tape on it to stop my seatpack strap scuffing the logo

Also cordless computer - excuse the white tape under the mounts - again to stop logo/paint scuffing

I have also sourced the best cages ever - cuissi stainless steel tubular.

Just been out for a quick to the end of the road and back... Baggy shorts and a rugby shirt - got carried away and did 10 miles... Once on, you cant get off!!!

IMG_1640.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

Love it :cool:

Looking really good and I think I have a spare stick on chainstay protector that would probably be a bit more stealth than the Lizard Skin

Back