Dalbeattie 8th of May

zigzag":14qf2j21 said:
How many punctures then? :D

Bloody hell, that does look good though.

Nada :eek: , which presents the conundrum, should I change or stick :? btw what made you decide on your tyre choice?

velomaniac":204h73p9 said:
Kaiser, your fitness is starting to make me sick, 2 laps and the second one even faster :shock:

Dalbeatties to far for me for a day ride and not my old retrobike friendly. Mind you my perception of it is biased by the fact we rode it in the torrential pissing rain and as is well catalogued I crashed badly 3 times :roll:

If there is a next time for me its iDrive time ;)

Blooming smart photies though :cool:

Its is a different kettle'o'fish in the dry V. And the full sus should make the obstacles a bit easier but probably slow you down on the fire road sections.

kaiser":2ofv8zss said:
btw what made you decide on your tyre choice?
Racing Ralph / Kenda Karma L3R. Probably not the fastest combo, but I don't just want a pair of tyres purely for racing - Hopefully get plenty of grip from the Kenda, and I went for 2.2s rather than 2.0s, so will do duty as summer trail center tyres.

zigzag":1tvnu84q said:
kaiser":1tvnu84q said:
btw what made you decide on your tyre choice?
Racing Ralph / Kenda Karma L3R. Probably not the fastest combo, but I don't just want a pair of tyres purely for racing - Hopefully get plenty of grip from the Kenda, and I went for 2.2s rather than 2.0s, so will do duty as summer trail center tyres.

Cool, not familiar with the Karma's but the RR sounds promising. I may have cured my puncture dilema, conti recommends a inflation pressure of 50psi :eek:

none of this gaylord new rubber for me- smoke 1.9 on the front 2.2 on the rear- indeed retro all the way- loads of excuses, might even leave the pannier rack and panniers on for added iron man status :twisted:

clockworkgazz":2zs41loh said:
none of this gaylord new rubber for me- smoke 1.9 on the front 2.2 on the rear- indeed retro all the way- loads of excuses, might even leave the pannier rack and panniers on for added iron man status :twisted:

Gazz I agree with you on the Smokes, but your not saying their still available are you? :shock:

sh1t how did i miss this thread, i could have made it that day as well :roll: Did you make it down the qualifier and the slab Klaus?

haggis":1ckkpttr said:
sh1t how did i miss this thread, i could have made it that day as well :roll: Did you make it down the qualifier and the slab Klaus?

Naw :oops: at a pinch I'd maybe have done the slab but the qualifier is a bridge too far.

Keep your eye on the midweek moontains thread for when your home or even post up if your heading out sometime :)

Back