BOTM August - Get your nominations in now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuts, super strong line up already.

Anybody else able to 'step up to the plate' :LOL:

Re: Ok one more.

rumpfy":3c3y2n22 said:
1992 Raleigh John Tomac Signature Ti/Carbon built to race spec w/ Tioga Showa fork.

Full pics, spec, and history here:
http://forums.mtbr.com/blog.php?do=showentry&e=1336

IMG_4267.jpg

Man, you just made me cry like a baby... :cry: :cry: :shock: :cry: :cry: ... how can you have that jewel in such good shape... beautiful...

the klein would look even better in a better photo,the background is terribel.tomac is awesome but yes the tyres are odd :LOL: tough vote this month.

edit,just read the tyres are supposed to be like that :oops:

wickedwheels":rh5z3bqd said:
Normally, the Tomac would have had my vote, but this month you have to be VERY picky with the details. The tires on the Tomac don't match.

On the other hand, the Trimble has pedal cages that were painted to match the frame and fork. Also, this guy managed to find a U-Brake anodized red!

The Tomac means more to me as a bike, but the build of the Trimble is just flawless!

EDIT: (What the others said :D )

I have this poster hanging. The bike pictured is the basis for mine...mismatched tires (tyres) and all. :)

I have a NOS black front to replace if I have to.

jtposter.jpg

A few other pics regarding tire choice.

Same race as the poster.
TOMAC_93.jpg

Different bike, same tire combo as well as the fork that I think might be the one currently on my Raleigh.

tdown.jpg

ameybrook":1qx5g911 said:
I hope everyone realizes, even wiith the four bikes just entered, how high the bar is set for BOTM. This is just crazy.

I'm sorry, they're all amazing builds, but IMO, if Eric's Tomac replica loses, I'm quitting the VRC game.

I wanted to put this in last month, sneak in a quick BoTM win and retire.

Some top notch bikes get lined up. I was just hoping to scare off some of the competition! :D

95 FSR

Here in Manchester we're not too proud to make up the numbers - to steal a vote from this elite crowd would be a major coup!!!

;)

Mr K

Attachments

• FSR front.jpg
    FSR front.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,609
  • FSR tree.jpg
    FSR tree.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back