NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

Okay, as the lighter of the blue touch paper.... I wasn`t getting at anybody in particular.
I do understand that there are some members of the forum who for various reasons can`t always get out and ride, I feel sorry for them.
Its the people who:
1) say they`ll come if the route is changed to suit them for reason a-z
2)don`t bother saying that they can`t get at last minute for unforeseen circumstances
3)own the garage queens
4) are so fkin anal about retrobiking. As I have said to anyone who`s met me its about the craic and the riding, not having the shiniest piece of machinery.
Oh and my retro bit? ME!
Thank you

Well it's all up to you guys to sort yourselves out now. The NE&Yorks area is rudderless, may it drift along wherever. I don't have enough spare time in my life to waste precious hours organising and promoting rides that no one does. It's time for a new broom, someone with fresh ideas, more patience, energy and drive.
If anyone would like to take on the task of being the new AEC please contact John.

To those that came along to the rides may I thank you and I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Over and out.

Si

TBH its a thankless task & that Lakes ride sounded stressful.

BTW did you get your forks sorted out?

The rides themselves were great, not stressful at all, happy times with great company. The organization and the constant worries over attendance, wether people are enjoying the rides is the stressful bit.

I'm looking forward to just turning up and riding mid pack now.

Thanks for your efforts and some excellent rides Si, it's been a laugh

Happy to help out anybody wanting to put rides together in the North Yorkshire Moors area but a bit like Si already have too much on my plate to step up to the front line...

Can I suggest that anybody in the group area posts up any weekend rides they want some company on, rather than leaving it to one guy

Anyone fancy joining the other Anglian & Lincolnshire guys on the Dalby run on the 23rd May?

whats happening on the 28th Gil?

im in need of a ride out, this house moving ordeal is stressfull :x

kaiser":1lkw0trv said:
Can I suggest Gazz as your new AEC?

ha ha mind you if you can guarantee that I will do as little work as you do kaiser then I might just consider it :twisted:

but seriously I really respect those that get involved in these things, I for one would think it should be set up so that each individual in each group shares the organising of the month to month rides, on a pretty informal basis ( very organic ) and just the one big meet needed per year as more just seems overkill to me, might stop the aec burnout syndrome.

Back