Mavic groupset (early to mid 90's)

Hilts

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Trying to work out how hard it's going to be to build the Ti with an entirely Mavic groupset.

Anybody got any Mavic bits lurking around, must be in awesome condition (close to NOS)...

Alternatively if anyone has a mint Campy Delta OR groupset that would do ...

Don't ya mean Record OR?

The Mavic stuff is fairly tough to come by. Especially so for the front mech in the right band width (and impossible for a top pull - although your Ti is a bottom, isn't it?). Keep a hunt on german and french ebay as it comes up more frequently there than here. Shifters are a fun one to find - I have a pair that I would never sell and they change hands for a fair bit. Hubs are easy to get hold of (I have got a set of Paris -Dakar wheels with mavic hubs and Oxygen rims, sort of retro Crossmax which are on the GFs bike, but I could swap them out for a more modern wheelset if you've got one - but they aren't NOS). Headsets are more common as long as you go for the road version as MTB ones aren't so thick on the ground, and chainsets are a sticky area also, there was a used one for sale on here recently and a headset but they weren't NOS either. So it's really a case of hunting in old shops cupboards or ebay - best starting point would be old, crusty road shops as they often have very old MTB stuff NOS as no one buys it (any mavic stuff I've found has been in those types of shops).

Not really a huge heap of help, but it would be a lovely bike!

Only downside to that group is the front mech which is a road one, I found that it doesn't have enough swing to work the full 3 chainring set up or the capacity. Works with a 2 x 8 set up quite well though!

I've got a virtually new rear mech.

Its a short cage version will handle up to 28 teeth.

I'll put some pics up later if your interested.

I bought this from here recently and i'm looking to get my money back.

iain

Back