5/5/2010 20:00 - Retrobike Global Night Ride - Aftermath

Got the pics up at last

The start of the crossing pic
P1020640.JPG

The at the other side in Lincolnshire picture
P1020645.JPG

Going back to East Yorkshire looking down on a waterside trail that I used to ride along to the Quarries in the distance BiTD.
P1020648.JPG

The 8:00pm picture smack in the middle of the bridge (camera time = 2010:05:05 20:00:09)
P1020649.JPG

and of course a few mins later from another angle
P1020650.JPG

Out into the distance
P1020653.JPG

Looks like a great event, loving The Guvnor's Xtreme XC action.

Idid think of posting a photo of myself but with a tennis racket in hand thought I may come over as a bit fey.

Went out for a roll, but no Photos taken.. It was odd, like being Alone and In Good Company at the same time.. :cool:

Rock on Global Retro Night Ride #2 ;)

kingroon":2mm2p0h0 said:
Went out for a roll, but no Photos taken.. It was odd, like being Alone and In Good Company at the same time.. :cool:

Rock on Global Retro Night Ride #2 ;)

Wasn't it a warm feeling? I loved that sense of community, slogging along the cliff tops know others were out there doing the same.

Hopefully it might spur people on to riding at some of the rides that the local area groups are putting on- they are even better than you could imagine!

Dr S":37no74ox said:
Hopefully it might spur people on to riding at some of the rides that the local area groups are putting on..

Might just go check when the next one is :)

But yeah, I think you could call 05/05/10 a Huge Success :cool: Will take the Camera out with me next time..

i did have a sense of pride knowing that around the country there were a lot of my actual and virtual mates doing the same thing as me. not to mention the people around the wolds who were participating.

roll on 10/10 but in the meantime dont be shy to support your local group and ride retro.

if there isnt a ride going on in your locale then organise one yourself!

just start a thread in your area - i'm off for a ride, anyone coming.

;)

lewis1641":5zbjtzg2 said:
i did have a sense of pride knowing that around the country there were a lot of my actual and virtual mates doing the same thing as me. not to mention the people around the wolds who were participating.

roll on 10/10 but in the meantime dont be shy to support your local group and ride retro.

if there isnt a ride going on in your locale then organise one yourself!

just start a thread in your area - i'm off for a ride, anyone coming.

;)

Amen to that! :p

Sorry for the S L O W posting of my pics, But have been in Manchester, So Mr Lee, Martin and my self joined in the global nite ride we even made it back to the cars just as it started to rain :LOL:

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed your ride as much as we did :cool:

Back