rBoTM May 2010 - Your nominations please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now atakign ominations for the May 2010 rBoTM poll. Anything goes within reason so let's see those retro classic road bikes :cool:

After my 1 vote (thanks Nan...) in the April poll I am trying again :)

Here is my 1983 Raleigh Gran Sport...

008-1.jpg

Principia Rex Pro

Year 2000 Rex Pro, ex Linda McCartney pro team. Dura Ace 7700 group set, ITM Millennium seat pin and stem, Profile Air Wave tri bars, DiaCompe 188 brake levers, Spinergy wheel set, recovered Flite ti saddle.

This is the smoothest bike I've ever ridden, it is absolutely silent.

Attachments

• IMG_0261.JPG
    IMG_0261.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,790
Is it OK to nominate somebody elses bike ? Makrie's MKM ticks all the right boxes for me. Just needs some toeclips ... :LOL:

max_01.JPG

I'd like to nominate GLB'S 1990 Ken Bird from this thread
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99773
IMG_0327.jpg

Also can I nominate one that I renovated but have since sold? If so then my Campagnolo Athena equipped Batavus Professional just ticked all the boxes for me apart from being about 7cm too big!
bigbat002.jpg

I have another nomination which I hope to get finished today of tomorrow....

I tend to like Shamus' this months entry even more than his last months entry. Due to the paint.

His photos are also neat.

I could imagine voting for the Batavus Professional in this field, because it is so close to my heart, but I fear Tel has to do more on the photography than.

We are happy for people to nominate other's bikes. We do ask that they be currently owned by forum members though. So if Tel's bike is no longer owned by a RB'er then sadly it's no eligible. Otherwise I could nominate 'Greg Lemond's 1989 Tour bike'. I doubt Greg would care.

Shamus' Colnago is once again going to take some beating. Perhaps if Shamus can take three in a row we'll have to rename the contest to 'Shamus of The Month' like the 'Americas Cup'.

:LOL: If and If it goes to that way, I need to start looking another Colnago for next month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back