Most durable long lasting parts... give us your top 5's

BoyBurning":1lqwthni said:
But, the best of the best (how did I forget these!) Nike PoohBahs!

Lasted forever!

I keep thinking to myself "I could do with some new shoes" but 12 years down the line & still going strong - what is the point? :D

Crikey! Looks like I'm a bit slow to respond but here goes...

1 XT thumbies - Mine are 15 years old and still fab!
2 Original Flite saddle as per what others have said!
3 Syncros shafted stem - as per XT thumbies quote
4 Singlespeed 1st gen Hope ti hubs: Thrashed a pair and bearings still strong unlike the paul WORD hubs I have now :(
5 Bit of a cheat this: White industries freewheel. I haven't had it long but it LOOKS like it will last for donkeys yonks. Expensive but well worth it...

Heres mine;
1. '93 Kona Explosive frame

2. Flite Ti[refuses to die]

3. Original XT pedals[even tho the ti axles are Knacked]

4. XT short cage rear mech

5. Specialized Ground Control Sport Shoes

I bought the shoes in '92-'93 ish and liked them so much i bought another pair for when the first wore out, i am still using the originals! :LOL:

Bullseye front hub

Bullseye cranks

Time Atac pedals

White Brothers Ti Bar

IRC Metro Duro tyres

The Ken":4yv96gsk said:
Still using....

1991 Hope front hub on it's first set of bearings

Bloody hell... my 92 Hope XC front hub (non-disc)is up to its 5th!! And I stopped using it properly over 10 years ago. The Fatso was much better - still on original bearings and have had it since late 94.

As most of the usual suspects have been mentioned I'd also like to include a set of Hope C2 brakes I've had for at least ten years that are still going strong. Never had any issues at all with them, quick and easy re-bleed once every couple of years and new pads when they run out.

1. Deore DX SPDs. Bought them new in 1993 and still going strong. They get refilled with grease once a year or so. Very poor at mud clearance compared with my new XTR SPDs though.

2. Crud catcher. Still have one from around 1994.

3. Flite Ti. Just starting to wear out now, but about 10 years old.

4. Lancaster Uni cycling club lycra top. I've had this 10 years but it refuses to wear out.

5. Kool stop brake pads. They may be different now, but back in the day they would wear your rims out first!

4. Lancaster Uni cycling club lycra top. I've had this 10 years but it refuses to wear out.

that's where I got into mountain biking! I was there 1990-1994. Wasn't in the club though, just went out with my mates from the house I shared.

BoyBurning":30v2wgbi said:
But, the best of the best (how did I forget these!) Nike PoohBahs!

Lasted forever!

Used them for about 10 years, but this year the sole broke. So almost forever. But great shoes.

I see a lot of Flites, but my Flites started to tear on the front.

Magura HS33 ++
BB-UN71/72 ++
GT (Hadley) hubs ++ (this year opened and cleaned everything looked super)
King headset (what is new??)

m900 xtr mech. from new,and shes still going strong,albeit from a shelf at the mo,as got no bike for it!

hmm,maybe a sales idea there! anyone?

Back