When is a seat not a seat?

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
When its a saddle. I've been in quite a few on-line shops. And they have one thing in common. They have a saddle section and then underneath it they have a seat posts. Surely it should be a saddle post or seat and not a saddle??!! :? :roll: :LOL:

You say Potato, I say Taahtaaayyy...........veeve ley differawnce, as they say in France..........

I suppose Hollister has it right- the seat post (or seat pin, as ye sometimes see it!!) is an extension of the seat tube, wheteas the saddle is the...er...saddle..........erm...............yes.

I bet ye we could get the EU to come up with some pointless and very expensive regulation by which we are no longer allowed to call them Saddles.

Cheers,
Dav

A seat is a metaphorical construct, the saddle is the object you actually sit on...if that makes sense??

And think of Edinburgh- Arthur's Saddle...........that's not right, that isn't- would kill off the tourist industry.........

And Gordon Brown scrapes in at the next election with only a 23 Saddle majority.....................nope, this whole Seat/Saddle affair can only lead to madness.*

Cheers,
Dav

*'our house' is perhaps their best work..........

as i understand it, saddle is correct...describing something designed to support some (but not all) of its user's weight. which makes 'saddle post' the technically correct phrase?

So we have some thing in common with horse riders? As they has a saddle. :D

Back