Very unusual but rather clever

My money is on a custom made adaptor by some one in a shed/workshop. I have done similar in the past, except adapting the other way bolt through to QR.

same here, I've had some custom axle jobs made before on Hadley hubs to fit various bonkers frame combos (think ellsworth with 20mm REAR bolt through steeped down to 14mm.. )

was probably someone who worked/knew a machine shop and decided to convert rather than buy a new hub.

I've been toying with the idea of similar on Pro2s recently, swapping for bigger internal diameter bearings, to enlarge the axle diameter and drill off-centre to try and make an eccentric SS axle similar to how the WI ENO hub works.

Matt

drystonepaul":2uz5dpxw said:
dyna-ti":2uz5dpxw said:
:oops: Can the mods move this to readers kit thanks

[ moved as requested... eventually ]
:shock: 2 years 7 months later.

Rampage":2uz5dpxw said:
Did you ever find out what it was from?

I did have a chat to one of the Hope chaps about it.But that was around the time i got it.Thank the lbs for handing me the phone with hope on the end
He said there was a lot on the go back then.Some made it to production some didn't.But couldn't or wouldn't say if it was a prototype or no :? I can hardly expect all the staff to know everything.

The hub is part of my red set and i still have the axle/bearings,not sure what to do with it,its not good for anything else and i cant think why anyone would have a ti-glide on anything with a 12mm bolt through back end :? aye on a bulb or big un if DH is the intended.

Rampage":2ye6xns9 said:
Strange!
Did the hub take standard Hope bearings or had the hub been made to take larger bearings?

No or yes rather,it did take standard bearings and axle.the bearings that were fitted had the same outer diameter but the inner was a lot wider to accommodate the wider bolt through axle :?

Is it possibly a Big'un 12mm rear axle bodged into a Ti-glide?

3284.Jpg

Pretty sure I saw a yeti Lawwill running a ti-glide rear so possibly not unique.

Back