[removed]

For fear of a flaming I didn't post on this thread earlier.. But really, that is a pretty ugly build.. :roll:

Do these two sentences contradict each other?

It was custom built for the lady I purhcased it from in the late 90's by one of the legends of the UK mountainbiking scene - Dave Hemming. It is a Team riders frame which was then built up by Dave to suit the lady.

It cost me £1000+ to build and even today a new full suspension mountainbike of this quality will cost you £1000+.

hmmm - can someone email PeeWee and get this verified?

He's basically copied the text from the auction he bought it from. It was sold about 3 weeks ago by a girl from Docklands in London. She claimed it was a custom build, the new seller bought it from her. IIRC he got it for about £350.

EDIT: Here's the original auction (well, relisted original auction :roll: )

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
This is a higher spec than the standard complete bikes RTS-1, RTS-2, RTS-3 you might be more familiar with.

STX is higher than the XT or LX on the RTS-1 or 2? If Dave did build that up then it was a dog's dinner, parts bin special: XTR, DX cantis, STX, plastic pedals, sort of made up of the parts that loads of customers used to have removed or swapped out before they bought bikes in my old shop.

Sometimes the ability to dig up info on the internet amazes me...

Irrespective of build, i'd have had a bid it were a size bigger.

Back