And you thought Pauls were expensive...

Proshift stuff has always gone for a lot though I think. Someone on here was selling a couple of complete sets a while back. Can't remember the asking price, but could have bought another RC200 instead...!

I've got 2 of them & to be honest like most early CNC mech stuff they're shite. renown for snapping at the upper pivot to main mech hanger area.

Sold mine for 145 € some months ago, and it was gently used. I was surprised to see that it was one of my close friends who won the bid. :? :oops:

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160118821824

Proshift%20(2).jpg

Pure technical piece of crap, but I admit, CNC mech gives the perfect tuning touch to your bike.

It's all down to how you set it up. Never use a shimano cassette with one, best to use a Ti cassette like srp or actiontec (doesn't every one have one of those lying about) as they work best with the fixed, sealed top jockey. Admittedly you have to adust the cables regularly but then who doesn't fettle their retro bikes more than ride them? My set on the Fat Ti has been working smoothly for ages, but then it is the full kit with shifters (rather than using shimano shifters), so maybe that helps too. But over all I would agree that it is a bit more of the form and less of the function when compared to a full XTR set up (or even Exage 500LX)

Latest posts

Back