South Yorkshire

but riding alone is so lonely :LOL: and i wanted to ride something other than the trail. If i'm alone i can't because my mum'll want me in for 9. She thinks i'm irresponsible :LOL:

Mikee and the other S Yorks types, could you pop over the the NE&Yorks Noggin and natter section and have a look at the debate about the future of the Area Group. It looks like some changes are needed and we would like your imput.

Thanks
Si

Seconded, what page, also M, odd question i know, but do you get the 5 pm barnsley train with your bike in the week? i'm sure i see a guy getting on that train with a dawes nearly daily.
Mike,

Anyone planning anything in the week? still gotta get a good work out going far as a ride goes too decide if i'm keeping my scott or not, and the weathers nice and warm so all is good,

Ta,

Mike,

well, since ther've been no replies for 3 months, i figured i'd bump this up, i want too arrange a ride, somewhere localish too me, as the only one i definately know doesn't hold a driving license, for the start of september, anyone up for it?

It's all gone quiet down your way mate. M-Trax has moved over to North Lincs I think. There were a few locals at BDW- Barnsleymick and Bibby but that's about it.

We are planning on doing a ride down that area in the new year- maybe Wharncliffe, Penistone, Silkstone, Thurgoland area, but nothing planned for this year. NE&Yorks has a new Deputy AEC now (ChrisV40) based in East Yorkshire, who is keen to get more going on in the southern parts of the region.
Also there is the highlight of the RetroBike year coming up in September. Mr Kawasaki's Day in the Peaks starts from Hope on Saturday 25th. It's a cracking ride with a great turnout. I go through Penistone on my way over (take the Strines Road) so if you want a lift it's no probs. Plenty of room in my truck for an extra bike or two.

Arrange one, though September is quite full for most (5th in Lincs, 25th in Peaks)
Or post a route and/or location up and we will see when we can come, well I speak for me and ChrisV40 and hopefully the North Lincs riders as we may be able to drag them with us :D

Looks like there is a 22 mile is loop following the main trails right next to you ?
Penistone%20simple.JPG

If that's close I would work around that if it's nice.

Have a bash at organising something and invite neighbouring area groups. Sheffield is less than and hour from me in north lincolnshire, there's a lot of people nottingham way on and leeds isn't too far either.
Don't expect a massive turnout but to be honest you can have fun and call the day a triumph if just 1 person turns up! I have organised rides where no one could make it!

If you organise something, people will come!

Back