Fausto Coppi - help

jrgibb

Retro Newbie
Hiya,

My first post so be gentle guys and gals, recently picked up this beauty on ebay, the bike was in bits, there was a small split in the frame (top of the chain stay about 1/3 along from the crank), no evidence of impact or of frame being out of alignment, have effected a temp repair with metal filler, am going to monitor for a few weeks of riding to see if there is any evidence of this cracking, when I can afford it I may have it welded.

Tyres, were perished beyond belief and the gear cables were corroded to the point that the braiding was just crumbling, water had got into the shifters but these had survived well just needed lubrication and some use to return to full operation. Brakes and all the running gear in very good condition, both rime run true but rear had some evidence of impact which I had to work on.

All the decals are peeling off hence the desire to establish what this bike is to then find either replacement or the correct decals, there's a sticker from the shop that sold the bike and I've contacted them to see if they have any records.

So, any help in identifying the model, age of this bike would be greatly appreciated, it's been suggested to me that it's probably mid / late 90's.

Pic to follow . . . . .

IMG_0411a.jpg

Latest posts

Back