Help with LX Parallel Push V-Brake-kink in parallel push arm

ultimecia

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi, I've just recieved a lx brake from STW, was wondering if the parallel push arm is meant to have a kink in it, my XTR ones are straight, others I've seen are straight, putting it on the frame, it doesnt seem to line up..... :?

Attachments

• 21042010973.jpg
    21042010973.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,481
i havent seen one of those brakes in the flesh so cannot comment if it should be kinked or not, but i would imagine it would be hard to kink it without it looking damaged. also the pivot points do look parallel so it should line up perfectly. see the foto, and check that the lines are parallel as the pass through the pivot points. also, the locating pin should be in the central hole in the frame or forks if you have a choice, dont be tempted to use an alternative to get 'more' tension.

parralell.jpg

Your right, once lines are on it looks a lot better, awesome bit of technical help! Ive put it in the central locating hole on the frame boss. I'll have another little tinker with it,

My brother's commuter has a pair of those.
They work fine but squeal, but that probably has to do with his pad / rims combo.

How much forward and backward motion do those parallel pushed give when still of a servicable nature.

Have some XT's M739's that I was reluctant to sell because they probably have about 2mm of wang back to front, I remember someone selling pivot refresh kits to solve the problem, but didn't want to pass them on without knowing the situation.

BTW that kink looks very much like something only manufacturing could achieve as everyone else has stated.

Back