1999 Kona Stinky Dee-Lux ..... Polished & new disc brake

mihalich":2sei4q9g said:
Nice Kona.
I see the top crown is a little overtightened - Be careful!

Thank you, I had not actually noticed that but I will check it out tomorrow and re-tighten to the correct torque :D

Like the bike matey :cool:

Think I may have to keep an eye open for a full sus Kona in the future !

Wish I had a mate who'd give me XTR stuff right now :LOL:

Steve.

AdamAsh":3u0lvcp2 said:
mihalich":3u0lvcp2 said:
Nice Kona.
I see the top crown is a little overtightened - Be careful!

Thank you, I had not actually noticed that but I will check it out tomorrow and re-tighten to the correct torque :D

Wish I had a torque wrench when I tightened my triples :roll: I snapped the bolt to the steerer tube. I think that'll be the next tool I buy :LOL:

As for top caps, just put up a wanted ad, there's lots about.

XTR freebies too :shock: Nice one.

I'm sure CRC sell top caps for a couple of quid in their headset spares section.

Also, you should fit some disc brakes, it'll make a HUGE difference, honestly.

sam264":4bp0mia4 said:
I'm sure CRC sell top caps for a couple of quid in their headset spares section.

Also, you should fit some disc brakes, it'll make a HUGE difference, honestly.

I now have disc brakes :D :D

Got a Giant MPH on the front (same as Hope C2) with a hope front hub mounted to another sunn rhyno rim

and as soon as my LBS gets the correct spokes, I will be fitting my Clim8 6 pot rear disc brake to my Clim8 hub :D

I'll get some updated pics this weekend as we are going for a decent ride.

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS BIKE IS LIKE BUTTER ON DOWNHILLS. IT'S SOOOO SMOOTH AND JUST TAKES ANYTHING YOU THROW AT IT. I CAN SEE WHY IT WAS £2500 NEW.

Uphill, it's a heavy fooker with a short toptube and a fooking nightmare to be honest!! :? :D :D

Well here's a mini update..

CIMG1423.jpg

Got my front disc brake set up correctly. It's a Giant MPH and its mounted to an early Hope 5 stud disc.

CIMG1426.jpg

Got a different seatpost fitted along with the old saddle as the Kona DJ one sucks!

CIMG1420.jpg

spent 30 mins with a tube of Autosol :D .. WOW, what a difference a little elbow grease makes.

CIMG1424.jpg

CIMG1423.jpg

CIMG1421.jpg

I hope it is looking a little better as it feels great with the discs :D :D

It's looking very nice all polished up. It'll perform even better when you get the disk fitted.
Just get some body armour as you'll be going a wee bit faster on that beastie (I'm digging mine out as I've re-discovered some of my old DH tracks and a few new ones :twisted: ).

Back