Not open for further replies.

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Retrobike Road Ride - Date tbc

The time has come ladies and gentleman to bring out your bikes for the road and join in the first ever 'Retrobike Road Ride'. The plan is to give two route options, both with many stops for tea, cake and possibly a beer to fight the 'bonk':

- Route Option 1 - A proper road ride for those on proper road bikes, who know the road riding ettique and have decent fitness levels. This will be led by retrobikes very own roadie pensioner 'Old Ned' and will be a group ride. Distance expected to be around 30 miles and flat, but Old ned will confirm his route nearer the time.

- Route Option 2 - A more relaxed group ride led by myself coming straight off a 12 hour night shift :shock: . Bike wise bring whatever you like, commuters, cross bikes, mtb's, you name it. The route will be a shortened version of Old Neds' and thus expected to be around 20 miles.

The date is tbc and the venue is to be around the Hull area of East Yorkshire, with the exact meeting point to be confirmed once the date is finalised.

So who's interested and which route option floats your boat?

Likewise, though I'll probably opt for the chatty route as I'm not too up on all the big group etiquette. Keep the g/f company too.

I'm interested in the 2nd route as

1) bike isn't a true road bike, it's got flat bars

2) etti... what? ;)

3) I'm not that fit

I fancy this on route 2 (as I'll be putting slicks on an MTB or using quite worn nobblies)
I thought though it had been corrected to Snaith area ? (Drax etc)

and any idea of a date yet ?

or a map (website, gpx download etc ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back