Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
using Grease Guard

in catalogue, page 1
in catalogue, page 2

4561479528_2278bce9d7_b.jpg

I'll have to take a closer look at the hub to find out what is used as seal, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is something inferior compared to say XT or XTR. It doesn't have to be superb sealed, as the philosophy of the Grease Guard design is you easily regularly service the bearings with the Goose Grease gun. The grease will travel through a circuit, through the bearings and presses old grease and also dirt out.

A XT or XTR part you do not take in pieces every couple of weeks, so what is inside has to stay in and what is outside has to stay out.

Yes.. I also have a nos wtb hub with the greaseguard system, but the seals are missing (it should be easy to find the suitable o-rings).. When I first time saw the hub it looked a bit weird, but as the philosophy is different it sounds like it should work very well.

Are you sure the o-rings are missing on yours?

The 1995 WTB catalogue shows another New Paradigm hub than the 1997 catalogue. The MY95 came without the o-rings. My hub does differ from both the MY95 and MY97 one. Apparently it was redesigned a couple of thimes.

The 1997 catalogue also makes mention of the availability of a wide flange spacing model with large diameter axle, next to a conventional model.

The catalogues in Gallery 2

Actually mine is the same as yours, but black. As I understood with my not-so-perfect english, on the 97 catalogue they are showing the wide flange model, and ours could be the conventional.

When I looked at the end caps first time, it looked like there was a groove for an o-ring seal, but it could be just the shape of the cap. Hmm, I think I'll get a nice & period correct front wheel for the Salsa with this hub :).

Back