2003 Pace RC300

Oh i never put Pace in ebay search :oops: Lucky chap. Lovely. bargain for £600
Shame about the pedals.

Colours of the RC300 were.... polished silver and pewter grey. The grey came in two variants - my f8 was originally a darker grey but had to have a new headtube fitted and was reanodised for Pace and came back a smoky blue colour which was described as smoke in the catalogue.
Can't see your pics at the moment to see which you are.

Now I can see the pics - it is pewter. The other greyish colour is smoky blue which was listed as the standard option in 2002 catalogue. Red and silver cost more.
Nice bike btw

Ok so time for a bit of an update...

I've changed the 960 front mech and xt rear for xtr 952 items. I considered buying new xtr but the old m952 bits look better and they keep the bike 'period corrrect'. And I've already got the 952 shifters on..

I've also changed the bars from grey anodised x-lite jobbies to black anodised pace +130's. Nothing wrong with the x-lites, just that the pace's suit the bike better. A bonus is that the black anodising has faded a bit which actually contrasts well with the black stem and headset and the grey anodised frame :cool: .

My Ibis has also been raped again, this time for ergon grips and the fizik gobi saddle :?

Heres a few pics I took when I went out for a few 'road miles' the other night. I got a bit excited and ended up doing a mini epic including Cave Hill overlooking Belfast where the pics were taken :D

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

I've been putting a good few miles in recently and really enjoying this bike. For the last 12 years I've been riding only full suspension so I've kinda been getting back to my roots again riding rigid, just like the good old days in the early 90's :LOL: . I have to focus on my line so much more now and I'm seeing a real technical side to trails that would normally be quite boring. And I seem to be attacking the trails more rather than just plodding along like I would on the full sus, which should make me fitter.

Unfortunately my back and wrists aren't as supple as they were back then. I've got the tyre pressures as low as I dare but I'm still getting battered, especially from the front. So I've got my hands on a nice set of RC39's. The first thing I done was post them off to Tim justbackdated from this here site for a full service and to get the lockout cable and lever removed. I got them back a few hours ago and not only did Tim remove the lockout but he was also able to fit a compression adjustment screw in its place :D .

I've also fitted Ergon GR2 grips with carbon bar ends so hopefully no more sore wrists and back and I've added some shiny blue bits cos they look nice :cool: .

The only other thing I would like are some nice hubs and black spokes but that can wait because I've been spending too much money on this. When I joined this site I was toying with the idea of getting a nice cinder cone or P7, I never dreamed I would end up with this :shock:

But I guess this site does that to people....

20100610-P1000176.jpg

20100610-P1000180.jpg

20100610-P1000182.jpg

20100610-P1000185.jpg

20100610-P1000183.jpg

Ok, a bit of an update on this one....

I changed the wheels to Hope/XC717's, swapped the Thomson stem to a silver Pace and fitted a Use suspension post.

That was last year and as much as I've loved owning this bike, the bottom line is that its just too big for me at 5'8" and 30" inside leg :cry: . The effective TT length is 1.5" longer than my 16.25" Merlin and Medium sized Ibis and my back and wrists knew all about it...

Only one thing for it and thats to buy smaller Pace :cool:

20110420-P1010304.jpg

I prefer the pewter to the silver and theres a few minor scrapes on this one but I'll enjoy riding it a lot more and thats what its all about. I'll probably swap all the blue ano bits for silver and swap the black Middleburns for silver ones eventually, but I'm just looking forward to getting this one built and ridden over Easter. Happy holidays :D .

Look out for a new build thread in the next few days and maybe a for sale thread too ;)

Latest posts

Back