1992 Kona Lava Dome - Updated 4 Oct 08

The bike really did come together well. And I'm certainly not one that concerns myself at all with faithful restorations; restomod is where it's at. Just always found the Velocity to be a neat stem design and upon seeing your Kona thought it would still compliment the frame/fork. However, I have to agree that the Syncros is a sweet unit and looks excellent on the bike.

Right, I've been lurking for a while now, but Paul, that looks absolutely fantastic! I'm a little bit biased seeing as my sole ride is my 95 white Kilauea (which I've owned since new) but damn white Konas look great! :D

As somebody who is new to the retro side of things (well, long term admirer of such bikes, but have never tried to sort mine before), how do you go with the decals? Did Argos make them up for you? I've been umming and aahing lately about getting mine resprayed again, and since it currently has 98 decals, about getting it done in it's original style. I live in Australia now so will have to find a painter local to me, but decals... wherever I can get em!

Last bit of tinkering, honest :D

Thanks to Sylvain i finally got a 26.4mm Syncros post to match my stem. I also picked up some green ano bits for the drivetrain just to liven up the rather dull silver/black of Shimano parts.

I think it's finished now; maybe some proper retro tyres though...

DSC00648.jpg

DSC00651.jpg

I really like what you have done there. Lots of great attention to detail and not too bling which is something Im liking right now. Well done!

Im restoring my 1992 Lavadome too at the moment but it has the original paint, bts and groupset. Trying to keep it original.

that looks sweet, ive been thinking of re-building my old kilauea, as i resprayed it 2 years ago, you have inspired me,

Back