Stumpjumper from about 1992

sciencegeek

Dirt Disciple
Hi. I bought my first real MTB from a nice doctor who had too many. (Bikes). Almost mint Stumpy with all original finishing...i'm so proud! It beats my S-Works from 2005, and i'm thinking of racing on it round Newnham...it got me 'round Haldon Forest a few times, with guy's stopping amd saying thimgs like "Blimey, I'd hang that up in my lounge!".
It really is a treasure, and last week the flange from the grip washer on the front LX Canti snapped off whilst i adjusted the brake cable. I thought i would have to change brake mech's until i found this site! Whoopee!. love the all original feel of the bike, but (!) i had to change the stem to give some rise...still got the original and no it's not for sale, sorry!

Sounds great - my steel Stumpjumper of around the same era is my most missed, 'lost' bike!

Any chance of posting a photo of yours?

PS If you need some LX cantis I have a mint set (F + R) although may not be from the right era.

Picture of Bike...plesae add a date if you can as i'm not su

Not a great picture but i don't have a digital camera and this is from ebay when i bought it! It had roadie rubber but also came with the original green Ummagumma's which i am sorry can't be trusted as the walls are worn...excellent rubber though.

Bike has 1" ahead stem (Unusual?), XT rear and LX front, LX crank, even original Spesh bars but have been severely cut down..so i use a modern alternative.

Back