KHS Montana Pro 1993

johanj

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

first of all: I know practically nothing about MTBs....

Back in 1993 me and my friends was hooked on biking and I bought a KHS Montana Pro that I have used ever since (and always loved it), but in the last 10 years only for transportation.

Last year both weels was stolen after i was stupid enough to only secure the frame.

Now I would like to get it back on the road but the local bicycle repair men are all saying that fitting parts are not possible to get and that I should scrap it. I find that hard to believe and scraping it just dont seem like an option to mee.

So I turn to you guys for help. The bike is fitted with original equipment, so I need some advice on what kind of wheels I can put on it. The local repair men claimed it was impossible to get weels that would fit with the 21 speed XT shifter on the frame. Could this be true? I realize that my bike is 17 years old, but still..

regards

JohanJ

Nonsense, nothing is impossible on retrobike! You'll find a pair of 7 speed wheels on here easy peasy, just pop a wanted ad up. You could also convert a pair of brand new wheels to seven speed with a spacer or two and seven speed cassette. Welcome to the site...now lock up your wallet!

Hi and welcome and ignore what they told you.

I also have a 93 montana pro and have been trying to return it to something like original condition. I found a set of wheels with the correct xt hubs but with campag rims on ebay. Plans have changed and they are currently for sale now if you are interested?

As mentioned above though, you can fit just about anything.

I'd find a new bike shop.

Welcome to the site.

Thank you both for the response!

Lewis: I would be interested, what is the asking price? I should mention that I reside in Norway...

br

JohanJ

hi i was wanting £60 for them. i will check up on postage costs.

Back