Magura rim brakes

maverick

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
HELP!
After having my first mountain bike in 1986 (15spd Raleigh Maverick) then riding numerous other budget rides made up of parts that i collected together from anywhere i could, i gave it all up selling my P7 & Early 90's Stumpy in 1999. I kept hold of my Kirk Frame though as i love the design. I have now taken the step of getting back into it, but feel that i may have missed a few things in my time away.
I have just stripped down a bike that i was using as a local commuter and it had Black Magura Rim brakes, but i don't know which ones they are, if i post pictures could some one help me to identify them. They work fine although they need new pads.
I have also put my wife's 1998 Rockhopper comp FS back together for me to once again enjoy the wind in my face and the feel of thorny bushes brushing against my shins! Until i buy something that i really want to cherish and ride on.

Attachments

• LL 012 (Small).jpg
    LL 012 (Small).jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 2,239
  • LL 013 (Small).jpg
    LL 013 (Small).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,238
magura rim brakes = hydrostop. they made many versions over the years, and still make them today. and as far as i know the pads have been the same design throughout, and any good bike shop will either have them in stock, or be able to get them. safe bet is the standard black pads, they were the best all round pad for friction and service life.

Not HS33 the ones before HS22? wouldn't mind buying the brake bodies as they don't need filing down to fit U brake bosses unlike my 33's or is that the late 33's? i have

Back