GT LTS 3000 in Russia (Update - waiting for CNC)

mihalich

GT Fan
I got this frame long ago from my friend. I rebuilt a bike like 5 years ago with deore and XT but always wanted to have it restored/repainted/polished and with modern set of components.

Now I collected a full set of HONE group and a pair of Sun rims SOS rims and I'm ready to do an in depth overhaul of bike with rebuilding it's suspension. I'm geting my wheels built now, but I have lot's of problems/questions with rear suspension and rear disc brake mount.

Suspension:
- I have a GT set of roller bearings and I'm going to CNC a BETD replica to use them. If anybody can supply me with dimensions of BETD KIT or even a GT original conversion kit for roller bearings I'll be happiest GT LTS owner in whole Russia =)

Bearing set consists of SCE 99 and SCE 126 roller bearings for upper joints, and a SCE 129 bearing for lower joint.

Rear shock:
My RockShocks superdeluxe is severely damaged it has destroyed lower spring plate and compression control don't work at all.

I can by here a STRATOS TR-1 shock to fit it instead of Superdeluxe, but If anybody can sell me a working Superdeluxe I'll be glad as well (I can pay via Paypal or anything similar)

Rear disc brake:
I bougt a Chasertech adaptor for rear disc brake, I think to bolt it to frame and then weld it to be sure.

Paint:
I have some questions about paintjob on the frame. It has one big scratch over top tube and some minor scratches over all the frame.

If I'm going to powdercoat the frame - how can I prepare it with this big scratch? Which filler I can use which will not be destroyed during baking of powder paint? Or if I have a really big scratch it's easier to give it to car painters and make them repair the surface prime paint and cover it with laquer?

If I'm going to polish the rear suspension part - do I have to coat it with laquer later to prevent it from becoming dull? Or polishing will last long enough?

As far as I'm going to make bike more or less modern, can you help me find a place (forum/ imageboard/ blog) with a good collection of color combinations for frame-fork-wheels Now it's black-red mostly But until I finish the suspension I won't start painting frame so we can do a color styling together =)

Decals:
Does anybody have a scanned decals for GT LTS 3000? I saw ones made for LTS DH. If it's possible to get them in vector format, I'll be able to convert them to LTS 3000.

Fork and stuff:
I have a 125mm travel fox vanilla, which fork I can instal there? I see that head angle is big enough and i'm afraid to break off the headtube if I'll use a longer travel fork.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• lts_start.jpg
    lts_start.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 6,036
Hello. Your in Russia? Not many here from Russia. Sorry can't help as suser bike are not my thing.
But some for sure will know. As plenty of GT fans on here

hey, i'm a bit of a GT guy, but i've nevver had a GT sus bike, if you want decals though, drop gil_m a message, he'll make up what you want, and countless retrobikers use his work, good luck with the bearings and everything else,
Mike

Thank you guys, I'll contact Gil_m. Hope he'll provide me with decals I need.

I'll hope to provide this topic with all the progress details. There'll be plenty I suppose =)
As I mentioned Frame is fully disassembled. I removed all the non-factory decals and cleaned and degreased the frame.
And here are bits and pieces.

Attachments

• GT_lts_bits_and_pieces.jpg
    GT_lts_bits_and_pieces.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 6,000
Hi - I noticed your comment on my blog. I have the bearing details somewhere; I'll get them out of the shed this weekend and post soon. I'll also send the photo of the exploded frame you wanted too (and probably post on here for completeness).

That's just grreat. I'm new here but alot of help already.
I just finished building wheels today. It,s truing time now.
Wheels are black HONE hubs + black DT spokes + black SOS SunRims looks nice. I'll post pics later.

Now i'm going to digitize decals and make some CAD magic to try some ideas on fitting needle bearing kit. But all the data on working models is really apperciated.

Back