South Yorkshire

i can do that, and when i find something suitabley awesome i'll invite all of you happily :) uptill then i better get searching :cool:

I've re-titled it South Yorks Chat and Rides for you. Let's try and encourage a more localized grass roots affair and ultimately larger area meets.

So how long have you been in Penistone then and where have you been riding so far?

Thanks, and my mum has been here something like 2 years, i've not been here for 8 months though, so i'm relatively new too the yorkshire joys :LOL:

you can ride the TPT all the way into sheffield (hillsborough) altho' after greno/wharncliffe woods its not the TPT, just al ittle known trail from outibridge. We used to ride from hillsborough all the way (by passing penistone) over cutgate, derwent edge and down to bradfield for a grand day out.
The sheffield & barnsley and the dark peak 1:2500 ord survey outdoor leisure maps will be your friends.

our club has just started some mid week mtb rides departing 6pm from hunters bar, sheffield. Turnout at the moment is low, as we're really a road club.
http://www.sheffrec-cc.org.uk/

other clubs that might suit you are barnsley road club & birdwell wheelers (again really road oriented). Try phoning cycles promotions at worsborough or "try cycling" (up huddersfield way) shops to see if they have any off road club connections

BTW, the hillclimb at huddersfield only had national status last year. The location of the "national" moves each year

i've rode from penistone to wharncliffe woods before, it's pretty relaxing, i'll buy a map and look for routes, i'll check out your club, it's just getting too huddersfield on my free pass :cool: is anyone arranging anything for in the week then or next weekend?

We in the East Midlands group venture up into the Peak from time to time if you fancy coming over :D

it'd depend on my ability to travel personally mate, it's absurdly stupid trying to go out riding properly at 16 :LOL:

You want to try being 36. It's absurdly stupid trying to bend down enough to get your socks on in a morning. In fact some nights I put fresh ones on the night before :LOL:

Wish I was 16 again.

:LOL: :shock: sounds oddly fair a trade to be honest, i allready have back issues from when i was a nipper, so i'd trade you happily, atleast you can drive too meets and go ride ;) you lucky lucky man

Dr S":1nc9ioqm said:
You want to try being 36. It's absurdly stupid trying to bend down enough to get your socks on in a morning. In fact some nights I put fresh ones on the night before :LOL:

Wish I was 16 again.

young basted, wish i was 36 again

Back