• Mmmm

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No!!!!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
gump":1cgjhwza said:
:LOL:

Orange71 - most of your bikes are e-stay design!

and most of mine except for the saracen ➡️

P1010127.jpg

:idea: I would say the proflex and other full sussers with a 'chainstay that is elevated' do count as elevated chainstays as does the trimble.

I would argue a swingarm isn't a chainstay - as sometimes it can act as both chainstay and seat stay (or neither). but whatever. I voted against e-stays on rigid bikes... :D

While I like the look (mostly for the distinctiveness) they are not my cup of tee to ride.

If it was such a great design why did it not last more than a couple of years?

I've only ridden a few though - Yeti, Alpinestars, Fisher, Nishiki, Saracen, and I remember they were all heavy and skittish due to the short back end and a little flexy under power - whoever said an ultra short back end is good for climbing has never ridden some of the silly steep technical climbs near me.

I've also seen a few broken Alpinestars, Saracens and a Yeti which would put me off.

Having said that I liked the roberts that was on here a few weeks back and I've also seen a dave yates which looked lush.

I would not go out of my way to have one but would love a good long shot to see what I think now.

If you look at new school FS bikes, then E-stays live on in a BIG way (Orange, Santa Cruz etc..)

deffo cool! although i don't like all of them and many died soon because the chain stays cracked off from the main frame. shorter chain stays and no chain suck were the main reasons and it soon became a fad that died when the design problems became obvious.

Carsten

MerlinEstay_3.jpg

Surely a full sus can't be e-stay, more e-move? If they count then i'd vote cool simply for the Orange Patriot (although not retro).

I love the Scott Endorphin, but i don't think that skinny tubed e-stays look cool. Me thinks Mmmm.

Back