Vino: Positive Drugs Test

Rabobank only found out that Rasmusen had lied to them (and everyone) Wensday. They then fired him on the spot.
Hero to zero.

In my humble opinion...

The sport has been plagued with doping since day 1.

Simpson dying on Mt. Ventoux kicked over the stone that exposed the cheating underside of the sport.

It took another 30 years from Simpsons death to Operation Puerto, the event that changed the mentality of the sport and finally put to bed the practice of 'team doping'.

Then the riders staged a protest about being tested. :roll:

The very fact that less than 10 years after Op Puerto the riders are having a protest against doping, and the majority are campaigning for a clean sport is the best thing about this years tour.

I do ot know or care if Merckx, Hinault, Indurain, Armstrong or my own hero, LeMond cheated or not. Let their acheivments stand. But we have a few more turbulent years to come and the sport will be clean, the riders, fans, sponsors, organisers all want it. Now we are all singing from the same hymn sheet can something good happen. I for one look forward to the day and cannot wait to take my children to stand on the Glaibier to cheer a clean champion over the top. :D

Not long now cycle fans, the hardest work is done!

The ban is applied by the National federation he belongs to. In the past, Virenque was banned by the FFC, so he got a licence via the Swiss federation as he was also living in Switzerland. By that time, doping rules weren't that strong.

Now, most federations are linked to the UCI, so if one federation bans someone, the UCI validates and records it. And it should apply to all sports covered under the UCI umbrella.

Not sure anyway the DCF will ban him under allegations, without proofs.

Back