Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mmmm

• No!!!!!!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
E's not good - shock!

As an acknowledged fan of the e-stay, I'm still uninformed about the history of the concept and equally bemused why they seem locked in the early 90s - anyone know any definitive source for historical information as I can't seem to get further back in time than Richard Cunningham in '89?

Apart from Decathlon and Trimble perhaps, can anyone name a reputable manufacturer that either still produces or last produced a serious e-stay frame??

Still looking to acquire e-stays by Ellison, RM, Brave, Fisher, Funk, Panasonic and Mammoth - so they're officially not cool because I don't want additional competition on the Flea!

Mr K

Re: E's not good - shock!

mrkawasaki":3ksl4yuy said:
, Funk, - so they're officially not cool because I don't want additional competition on the Flea!

Mr K
Not sure about the other makes.'Funk' certainly are :cool: :)

Deffo cool!!

Wait til the Ellison project is finished, then you will see.. woa ha ha haaaa!!

Saw the coolwall thing on STW. Sure someone will say that we copied it too...

no chainsuck, no limit to the size of your ring ( ;) ), no chainslap, easy chain removal, shorter chainstays, loads of mud clearance, flexy BB, cant see your rings....and look cool! :D

No...just don't like how they look. Just one exception - the Merlin Softail (if that even counts).

The Merlin Softtail was the reason I voted yes, I do like the kestrel as well.

Are Trimbles technically e-stays? It was the first bike I drooled over pictures of.

Yeah I did wonder if the Proflexes counted - but I don't think swingarms on full sussers count - or do they?? Can we have clarification? :D

Back