Purple ano bits

jonnyretro

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I am looking to get a few bits anodised purple for my current project.
Not many companies do it anymore as its not a popular coulour and the dye is quite dear. I have found 2 places that will do it that are up north. To reduce costs I would like to get as much done at once, so does anyone have any stuff they want turning purple? It has to be in good condition or there will be extra costs involved with polishing first.
As a guide, I have been quoted £20 + VAT and delivery for one hub, so if I can get 5 or 6 items done then the costs will be quite low.

I was thinking of having some very narrow Campag Atek rims turned purple, but will this look any good or will it be a bit naff and OTT?

Atek's in purple well there wont be many of those in the world. ;) I like some purple. But to much can be over kill. (just like most things in life :LOL: )
Like your offer on the ano fancy having a silver U brake done in purple to match my purple 986. But have to pass on it :(
Regards

I have a wheel built up with silver (normal) Stheno rim with purple nipples from 1994! Wouldn't sell as to be frank it's pretty knackered these days!

I am tempted, but would be concerened about getting the 'right' shade of purple if you know what I mean i.e. ringle purple not marin purple...
Always fancied a purple anodised fork crown for my rc35/30's, I've stuck an ad in the wanted section, if one turns up then I'll probably give that a try.

I asked about matching shades and was told if there is a sample then a pretty good match can be achieved. I have some new Chill Pils that I am using as a guide, and they are pretty retro pimping purple!

I have some nice purple velocity rims :D ,
like a deep 'v' style was either gonna get em built up on some dx hubs to fit to my white MX-z or find some nice 36h hope purple hubs, the latter of which seem to be hard to find.

I have a purple front middleburn hub built onto an FIR rim with tie dye spokes. Would really love to purple up a rear hub to match but i dont have anything around at the moment.

ive got a couple purple bits

purple XENO front hub, 32 hole
purple bars
purple avid tri - aligns
purple joes cantis ( rear silver)
purple crank bolts & break away bolts

mite have some other parts about.

:)

just make sure theres no other materials included. IE eyelets on a rim brass or steel as I've been told this could mess up the process slightly. I had a load of stuff coloured black by a mate 2years ago, make sure the finish is perfect before hand, any cosmetic marks arent hidden by new colour, makes them stand out even more!

Back