1997 GT Tequesta FS

Thanks for getting the pics up fellas :D

And yeah I know the stem set-up is horrid, but otherwise the bike is uncomfortable :oops:

Hey, you did the Darnley Trail without me, and here I am stuck at work, with nothing to do but work on getting my post count over 50 before the weekend. You bring up children to love honour and obey you, you help them get wonderful bikes, let them sit on your wheel for hours on end, teach them to be independent and what happens? They go off and do the Darnley Trail without you and it'll be raining tonight as sure as eggs...

Oh well, you'd prob have left me behind on the hills anyway...

Good pics though.

GLB":1vdxkdzk said:
Hey, you did the Darnley Trail without me, and here I am stuck at work, with nothing to do but work on getting my post count over 50 before the weekend. You bring up children to love honour and obey you, you help them get wonderful bikes, let them sit on your wheel for hours on end, teach them to be independent and what happens? They go off and do the Darnley Trail without you and it'll be raining tonight as sure as eggs...

Oh well, you'd prob have left me behind on the hills anyway...

Good pics though.

Hmm I seriously doubt that, I forgot how strenuous off roading is!! And I got very lost attempting to follow the trail, which you wouldn't have done with all your grid reference contraptions ;)

Ok found some of my serious bike geek spec sheets for my first two bikes, so I will bore you with them:

1997 GT Tequesta RS
GT Triple Triangle Full Cro-Mo w/ Custom Butted main tubes
Rock Shox Indy XC 2.5" travel
Ritchey Logic Aheadset
Shimano STX front, STX-RC rear hubs 8spd QR
Mavic M-238 rims, Stainless 14G spokes
Originally WTB Velociraptor 2.1" tyres now Conti Double Fighter II 1.9"
SR Apex 350 42/32/22 IG Crankset
Shimano STX front mech, originally STX-RC rear now Shimano Deore.
Shimano STX-RC Rapidfire shifters
Shimano HG60 8spd IG 11-30T cassette, Shimano IG chain
Shimano SPD-M636 DH pedals
Shimano M600 V-Brakes and levers
X-Lite X-Country Riser bar
Unknown stem and steerer extender
Onza grips
X-Lite PSS2 saddle and alloy seatpost
Specialized bottle cage

:cool:

Note to others: don't feel that this is a private conversation. Feel free to add your views on whether my formidable navigational technology and countryside survival skills would have enabled me to beat his youth and fitness (ha ha) on this intricate and complex 6 mile trail in the wild and uncivilised depths of semi suburban Kent. Bear in mind though that I managed ( with a little help from my IT colleagues) to post pictures on my threads and he didn't. I also have a Swiss penknife, never forget the fig rolls and know the difference between it's and its. And if the voting starts going in his favour, I can point you to a picture even more embarassing than the high rise engineering of his handlebar arrangement.

And shouldn't you be at work teebsgt?

Back