Wanted - Dura Ace 175mm cranks 9spd

malley

Dirt Disciple
After a pair of Dura Ace 175mm cranks. My group is a 7700 9 speed dura ace. Hope to find son NOS or very good condition.

Have had a quick search on here - have I missed 'owt?!

Cheers,
Steve. :?:

DA cranks

I've a set of Dura-ace 7700 octolink cranks with double chaninrings (52 /39) if I remember

believe its a 172.5 set but will check tonnight and pop you some pics .. very good condition tho .. some v minor scratches

what sort of budget did you have in mind?

regards

PJ

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
malley":25gya6n9 said:
Found these - exactly what I'm after;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0255635153

However, anyone know how much you might have to pay in tax, duty, etc. on something like this?

Still prefer to get them on here! Anyone?!

Cheers.
If the item is over £40( though only £18 if marked as commercial item) then it will normally attract VAT but not Import duty. By the way the shipping is a rip off when priority mail is half that(check http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mod ... &CID=10150 for the exact rates
So every cent of your $136 purchase(based on a BIN + shipping quoted) would be subject to VAT, that's right UK customs & excise charge you VAT on your postage cost too.
So you'll pay Royal(Royal my arse!) Mail handling charge of £8 add that to the £88 charge for cranks & postage (converted at $1.53/£1)x 17.5% which is £16.80 in VAT and RM handling charges.
This then takes your costs to £105 for a set of cranks with no rings!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
tonyf39":33vf4c1n said:
malley":33vf4c1n said:
Found these - exactly what I'm after;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0255635153

However, anyone know how much you might have to pay in tax, duty, etc. on something like this?

Still prefer to get them on here! Anyone?!

Cheers.
If the item is over £40( though only £18 if marked as commercial item) then it will normally attract VAT but not Import duty. By the way the shipping is a rip off when priority mail is half that(check http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?Mod ... &CID=10150 for the exact rates
So every cent of your $136 purchase(based on a BIN + shipping quoted) would be subject to VAT, that's right UK customs & excise charge you VAT on your postage cost too.
So you'll pay Royal(Royal my arse!) Mail handling charge of £8 add that to the £88 charge for cranks & postage (converted at $1.53/£1)x 17.5% which is £16.80 in VAT and RM handling charges.
This then takes your costs to £105 for a set of cranks with no rings!

Mr Dirtbag!

Thanks LOADS for that. It would seem I was about to make a very foolish purchase, indeed. You have saved me money, sir.

Still need the bloody cranks though!.

They're for a Colnago C40 with ( obviously) Italian thread BB. Any other suggestions/offers gratefully considered. I basically have a full Dura Ace 7700(1) groupset and need to have ( want to have ) 175mm cranks. What else could I use with this set up? I'd love to end up with a compact set up. Can you simply get compact chainrings for a normal chainset? Money is tight but have fallen in love with the bike again and want to get the ' good bike' built up and ridden!

Thoughts?

ANYONE!?!?!?!

Cheers,
Steve.

Tonyf39's answer is excellent. You can bank on the amount he has calculated! I have stopped buying from the States. I used to buy a lot of stuff but I don't get away with the tax anymore.

Three figures for these cranks seems excessive. I bought a complete 7700 chainset with rings from my LBS in January for £120 (was marked up @ £150).

Previously I have owned stacks of 7700 chainsets in my bid to own a perfect set (and I am very fussy). They come up very often on the 'Bay. I have owned a 7700 chainset in 175mm length that came with minimal wear on the chainrings and not a single mark on the cranks - they were supplied complete with the beautiful 7700 bottom bracket and came in at £55. I had to punt it on when it became apparent that the extra 2.5mm was a bigger deal than I expected when my right knee started making funny noises.

malley":bp50bago said:
They're for a Colnago C40 with ( obviously) Italian thread BB. Any other suggestions/offers gratefully considered. I basically have a full Dura Ace 7700(1) groupset and need to have ( want to have ) 175mm cranks. What else could I use with this set up?

Sell the Shimano kit and buy Campag! As much as I love Shimano over Campy it'd suit your Colnago much more. Also, the Big "S" doesn't do Dura Ace in compact but Campag will furnish you with a high-end compact chainset no worries (not so much so if you wanted period-correct).

i-am-iron-man":b3ac0ycd said:
malley":b3ac0ycd said:
They're for a Colnago C40 with ( obviously) Italian thread BB. Any other suggestions/offers gratefully considered. I basically have a full Dura Ace 7700(1) groupset and need to have ( want to have ) 175mm cranks. What else could I use with this set up?

Sell the Shimano kit and buy Campag! As much as I love Shimano over Campy it'd suit your Colnago much more. Also, the Big "S" doesn't do Dura Ace in compact but Campag will furnish you with a high-end compact chainset no worries (not so much so if you wanted period-correct).

I have ALWAYS wanted a campag Chorus group. Definitely don't have the money for one tho'!

I agree it would be sweet as a nut on my C40.

Unless anyone wants to swap for a full Dura Ace 7700 group with 170mm cranks, of course?!?!

Great info gents, much appreciated. :cool:

Back