The first ever Retrobike Road Ride - Date tbc

sinnett177

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Retrobike Road Ride - Date tbc

The time has come ladies and gentleman to bring out your bikes for the road and join in the first ever 'Retrobike Road Ride'. The plan is to give two route options, both with many stops for tea, cake and possibly a beer to fight the 'bonk':

- Route Option 1 - A proper road ride for those on proper road bikes, who know the road riding ettique and have decent fitness levels. This will be led by retrobikes very own roadie pensioner 'Old Ned' and will be a group ride. Distance expected to be around 30 miles and flat, but Old ned will confirm his route nearer the time.

- Route Option 2 - A more relaxed group ride led by myself coming straight off a 12 hour night shift :shock: . Bike wise bring whatever you like, commuters, cross bikes, mtb's, you name it. The route will be a shortened version of Old Neds' and thus expected to be around 20 miles.

The date has yet to be confirmed and the venue is to be around the Pontefract area of East Yorkshire, with the exact meeting point to be confirmed once the date has been finalised.

So who's interested and which route option floats your boat? Please sign up HERE.

Also could the mods, please 'sticky' this.

Sorry Mark but the area I've selected is nowhere near Hull, it's sort of between Pontefract and Snaith, a couple of miles from Junction 34 M62 (A19 junction).

Depending on what happens due to my personal situation (see PM) I'll post a map here.

And I'm not quite an 'official' pensioner yet I'll have you know. ;)

mavesyn":2bm7vr7d said:
Option 1 for me.
But is it still going to be 16th may?.
Mike.
Hi Mike, was hoping to keep this to the 16th but sadly Old Ned now can't make this date. Just as soon as he can commit to a date we'll post it up.

Cheers Mark

Retro bike ride

am still organizing the ride on Anglesey on the first weekend in july just waiting for the Lions club to confirm the exact date and entry

form link.

I might (with regret) have to pass on this as all my time and money is being spent on project C Record Lemond at the mo. I have a few trips from Stoke on Trent to Rotherham to see Dave at UCC over the next few weeks that will drain my petrol allowance kitty. Lets just say it will be worth it as its all coming on nicely and will be definitely on the next ride (as long as its dry!!!)

Have a great time

Tim

The first Retrobike Road ride ? apart from the South East Section on the 1st of Jan and at least one other I cna think of then !! :LOL:

I woudl love to have joined you but a 6-7 our drive rules me out.

Back