Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Biscuit Coloured Panaracer Magics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All black somethings

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

stevetait

Senior Retro Guru
See Pic at bottom of this post for Tyre ideas?

Had a bit of a thermoplastic clearout recently and the result was a great buy from Kev...*tips hat in thanks* to build and ride hard as an alternative to my other riders.

Its in good nick. For a while it will be a mix and match affair but M952 will be the main stay here with a possible break from the Mavic Crossmax norm in favour of some slightly old black NOS Mavic 217's on sacreligous Ringle hubs... red rear, black front. :LOL:

Polished and new 'GT' decals are the progress so far... components today will be added, wheels hopefully built next week, seatpost from somewhere and then a big clod of mud from over the fields! :D

DSC04635.jpg

DSC04636.jpg

I love the detail on the frame:

DSC04637.jpg

➡️ ➡️ ➡️ ➡️ ➡️ ➡️ ➡️ ➡️

New bits have been added but Im divided whether or not to go with the "White" Rons that are actually like a duck egg blue, black, black with amber walls, grey with amber walls or biscuit :? :? :oops:

Wheels are being built with black spokes, red rear hub and black front hub

To go: wheels rebuilt onto Ringle hubs, Fmech and gear cableing in white, grips (god know whats, I just split my last pair of clear Paws :cry: ) Cranks are a good idea too! I will interim use M739 Cranks to match the V's until M952 appear

I am loving it though and cant wait to ride:

DSC04764Stitch.jpg

DSC04762.jpg

DSC04761.jpg

DSC04759.jpg

DSC04771.jpg

DSC04769.jpg
- White my @rse!

Autosol polish and the decals are originals from the States. I know Gil_M on here does very good repros of these though. Take a look at Gadros STS XCR and you will see some examples.

Steve very very nice :cool: liking the polishing you've done there

I know there are a lot of GT haters on here BUT this is one of THE best looking bikes that GT ever produced. Black Carbon Fibre and polished aluminium makes me drool :)

I am totally with you in that sentiment.... and a little nod to you also mate, your inspiration led to this! I am going a little left of centre on the spec initially though :?

Back