project ton

Hiya.

Sad news about the day old commuter? what lock did you have on it? I wanna upgrade my daily commuter but scrared a good brand, shiny bits and non matt black paint will attract scummaz. :-s

The Karakorum I love, prob the sort of thing I'd like to buy if my GF didn't keep catching me bidding!
on stuff.
Definately in my opinion keep it retro. I'd stick with the rigid forks, a nice stem (what was wrong with original?) and only upgrade if ya must new tyres but I'm running retro tyres again saturday... :D :-S

I gave up old bikes for new but got back into it. Easy when ya buying new (old) bikes but when its ya old en ya can easily take it for granted. If ya owt like me you'll get the bug. A few new bits and a retro bike ride, that should do it. ;)

If ya wan't a scruffed up city bike one can be bought built pretty cheap, be decent and still not be that attractive... :)

it was a cannondale bad boy 2005 - the lovely matt black hard tail with the pirate type black decals. two kryptonite u locks lasted all of 15 secs.

the old flip flop stem was binned for the zoom a long time ago. which now has many a rust pit in it. not sure what to replace it with - any suggestions?

really want to update the headset to aheadset rather than threaded - i think this is lbs job though.

rest of the tweaks will be cosmetic. seatpost, bars etc

managed to get all the old MBUK mint sauce stickers off last night - already looks better.

I'm a purist so keep thinking that a frame saver session and a new spray job is in order.

What colour should i go for?

Two Krypto U lock, sounds like the bashtards had a shopping list or something to have a go at that and do it so quick. eek. :?

As part of a custom build up I've decided to run with Aheadset on my Orange. you'll need new headset and stem and forks, unless you wanted to see if a custom frame builder wanted to make the forks aheadset for ya. or ya could take advantage of finding some trick periodish rigid forks, Tange switchblades or summat like that. Maybe even P2's

Paint wise I'm a patina fan and especially like GT paint, is it just black not some crazy splatter job? GT had cool paint back then. :cool:

Check with Vinny at Ben's Cyclery in Milwauke he may have a spare RTS stay. They have an eBay store on eBay.com or google him and contact him through his site.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Thanks gm123026

Have dropped Vinny a note and will see if he has any leads.

I'll keep you posted

:roll:

Dunno about the RTS but if your interested in selling the GT seat mentioned in your original post I might be interested!

seat

D_XZ":d0flwwxf said:
Dunno about the RTS but if your interested in selling the GT seat mentioned in your original post I might be interested!

sorry - had a couple of messages about the saddle. dug it out of the shed and it was wrecked - lots of tears etc.

Back