My Iceland green Super V900 before the M560 LX refit

Blackadder

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I got this about 2 years ago from a chap that works within the carbon structure team for Ferrari F1 cars. He very kindly delivered it to me and he told me the tale of this bike because I was stunned that I had never seen this colour let alone it to have a carbon swingarm :D .

He told me that Cannondale were involved some what with the F1 circuit during the 90's and he spotted a Super V that was on the top of a Volvo estate that a dale rep was driving around. The chap that I bought it from told me that he asked the rep where he could get his hands on a Super V and that the rep had told him that he could get him a custom jobie Super V for some sort of carbon info that Cannondale were after at that time.

Now I have no idea if this is honest or not but he had no reason to lie to me as the bike had already been purchased by me and he seemed very honest and he did turn up in a Ferrari team estate car so I take it it's true :?

However he told me that the rep lived up to his word and came back with this baby, The thing that surprises me is there is little to no information about this particular model/colour and to have a carbon swingarm I am very surprised I just can't find a single picture of one anywhere on the net. Anyhow I have posted it up a few times on the forum with hardly any interest at all, I kind of know Cannondales are not liked too much by folk on here but I think this a rare find please correct me if I am wrong? :D

Anyway it is kitted out with Shimano STX and has XT thumbies for good measure along with coda cranks and fox air rear shock and a head shok on the front. I am about to kit it out completely with a full NOS M560 LX group set and just wondered what you fellas thought :D

05042010246.jpg

05042010247.jpg

05042010248.jpg

05042010250.jpg

05042010249.jpg

05042010251.jpg

I think the carbon swingarm was fairly common and it looks like a nice bike to me.

1_44200940625.jpg

I'd keep the Coda cranks, Cannondale OEM stuff is very well made as for kitting out the rest in LX that sounds nice as the black will go nice with the metalic green and it was a very solid groupset.

I've got some NOS Coda cantilevers that would go very well on that.

Think the carbon swing arms were 94/95ish. IIRC the only had them for a year or so because they failed. Ater that the moved over to the tubular type.

mmm, very nice, I'm a sucker for carbon too ;)
It's made me want to turn my stem upsidedown on my 'Dale, for a more aggressive look :)

How do you get on with the Octopus pedals, seen them on ebay, and wondered if they were any good?

Skeelsie":oo20elic said:
I think the carbon swingarm was fairly common and it looks like a nice bike to me.

1_44200940625.jpg

Yes you are right I understand that they were not that rare *ie carbon swinger, but in this colour "Iceland green" I have never seen another one or know anyone that does? all I ever see is the yellow V900.

I might take you up on those CODA cantis of you want to sell?

I still think they are quite rare, the carbon arms as I say had a tendency to break. The green is offered as a colour scheme in the 95 cat. I do remember these at the time, I had a 93 V and was a dale fan, when I saw these there was nothing like it at the time truly seemed to be a bike from the future. It seemed to be a period where cannondale was the most innovative manufacturer. Arguably the most coveted super V frame.

BTW lovely bike :cool: the green is lush and the arm appears to be mint.

kaiser":2k1lq2yq said:
BTW lovely bike :cool: the green is lush and the arm appears to be mint.

:D :D :D :D :D Thanks fella, I had chris.kay1 come down a couple of weeks ago (I don't know if you know him from the forum) and he saw it and was stunned at the great condition it is in. The paint work is almost perfect and it has a lush shine to it, the carbon rear end is in amazing condition.

GT-Steve":1y4snn5n said:
How do you get on with the Octopus pedals, seen them on ebay, and wondered if they were any good?

I had my doubts before I got them but have to say I really like them they feel very nice under foot. I used to use Crank bros 50/50's but found out that in the wet they were death traps :shock: :? :(

Tried to buy one of these (Green with carbon swingarm)at a bike show in 95 but it was too small. Shop called to say they shouldn't have had a carbon rear so offered to paint a raw one for me or I could have a polished one at a discount. I plumped for the latter which led to another, then another,.......you know how it goes.

Attachments

• super vs 002.jpg
    super vs 002.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 2,994
  • super vs 004.jpg
    super vs 004.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,992
Back