'93 Ibis Ti Mojo .. progress

CTK":voctwoyr said:
What was the damage to the frame?
See the link in the first post

Progress has been slow but getting there. Had the ti King headset fitted with head tube reaming rather than bodging it myself with home-made press, might think of getting a ti spacer for better looks,

4588666103_fb9ef2b4f0_b.jpg

I hope I can ride the bike with the 135mm stem, otherwise will have to fit back the 105mm Ringlé. Got stem and bars, would have been nice to get the Rosie bar ends in the classifieds! Will keep an eye out for some. Saying that someone (not me) had cut the bars down, so might be better to use them without bar ends.

4588667405_a05de896e4_b.jpg

Got some great condition Crossmax from Kevin here, and dug out parts from the M950 groupset .. till I realised I didn't have any 8 speed cassettes anymore (other than a 12-21 block!).

4588668767_994e8358ca_b.jpg

Also ordered some XTR shift cables in the old style grey, but the ones that arrived are the newer black, seems you can't find them anymore. Might have to get some Dura Ace (or would the black be ok?)

Super nice! I have an 8 speed xt 11:28 block for sale in my for sale thread if you can go down to XT! Also the xtr outers are available in grey still, chain reaction and eBay have got loads of them!

I quite like the repair (as a welder). It's part of it's history now, and good to see that it has put back in use a beautiful frame.

Nice long seatpost from now on?!

:)

Back