What ONE bit of your bike were you oh so proud of BITD?

Had a black Ringle seat QR on my SM1000 and I thought it was the coooolest component going.. :cool:

Still have the actual lever too :LOL:

Has to be my front cable hope disk & hub, no one else had one that I saw, ordered it as soon as I saw it in MBUK, £180, plus new rims. cost half as much as my bike did new :)

Turned up at a race in the sidlaws and had a small crowd around my bike, total poser, felt great.

- completely blew it by not managing to finish the race due to cramp :oops: .

I seem to recall buying one of those first generation Cateye wireless computers to put on my Dawes Wildcat. Compared with now it looked big enough to pick up TV pictures. It survived serval crashes on the ridiculously too big Dawes (23.5") and spent ten years on my Kili Flyer Comp. It lives on today and graces my wife's Rock Lobster!

either my pace and middleburn chainrings, or getting my rear wheel rerimmed with a mavic M400... that puppy had eyelets and everything.

when young i was prone to silly upgrades - dumping perfectly good components for ones a single groupset above them etc etc :(

thing I was proudest of my 92 fat chance titanium, purely as I loved the ride & logged a sh,t load of miles on it :)
part wise would be cook bros stem, purely for cosmetics :)

Second hand DX thumbies that i bought from a guy at school for £5. They even came with blue ano bolts which matched my bike perfectly. He was suprised i even wanted them as he'd just upgraded to some fancy rapidfire jobbies :LOL:

Later, some birthday money allowed me to replace my trashed machine built rims (which the LBS could just no longer true) with Mavic 231 rims and some STX RC hubs. They were sooooo light (i thought at the time) and turned my obese steed into a veritable whippet.

The underbracket Suntour rollercam on the frame i built myself :D

Lid.......why has that lady got a racoon in her pants? Surely thats some form of cruelty:shock:

BITD...

Pace frame.

Er. Xt rear mech short arm.

Some knackered xtr m900 shifter pods and levers.

Gold USE post. Which I still have to this day.

Back