knoydart

I'm keen on this one too :D as always dates and stuff will limit me and the amount of weekend passes I can finesse.

Mikee did you put anymore thought into this one?

Depending on how much I'll have to do for the Glentress day I'd help out. Though I cannae imagine exactly what skill set I'll bring to the table :LOL: MrP seems a dab hand at the back country stuff.

Think there are ways in from Loch Arkaig to the east, Glenfinnan from the south and Arnisdale from the north - not sure how easily they connect up though. Need to look at map.

Cape Wrath also on my radar for future trip :D or Coigach :D :D

Had a wee bit of investigation into Knoydart last night, sounds awesome. Everything seems to be based around Inverie.

kaiser":2thwxqub said:
Everything seems to be based around Inverie.

......and you can only get there by boat :D (I think)

Bothy on south side of Loch Arkaig on Thursday :LOL:

DSCF2240.jpg

DSCF2244.jpg

DSCF2254.jpg

Beyond here to the west lies Knoydart, but I'm not convinced this is the best route in - track dives off in the rong direction and peters out in Glen Maille as far as i can see. Maybe poss to go in by public road........to Murlaggan at NW end of Loch Arkaig, then on track towards Glen Dessary............. :?:

OR public road to Kinloch Hourn from Invergarry, along N shore of Loch Quoich........... :?:

:twisted:

Back