New Project- 05 Indy Fab Ti Deluxe

I liked the wheels I had on my Fat Ti. Very light and stiff too. They were Chris King hubs on WTB Laserbeam rims. Might go for Kings again???

Cranks sorted. Gone for Silver Graftons.

Well, due to a certain naughty volcano it looks like this project is some way off getting started.
Plenty of time to ponder parts selection then.

Saddle now sorted- gone for a Brooks Swallow Titanium in honey. Also decided on wheels. Hubs will be pewter Chris King with SS rear. I'm thinking de-stickered Stan's rims with Ti spokes holding them together. Next thing to ponder over is which brakes to go for. I like the simple CNC look of Hopes but I was dissapointed with the performance of the last set i had. I need to think some more.

dont forget to bid on those H bars bud.

1x9 will be very useable on that, i now you have used it in the past too.

I got the tracking number from the seller last night. I.F. has been sat in customs since Tuesday 13th.
You pay extra for fast shipping and the customs then hold it for a week. Then Parcelforce will hold it for a few days whilst they get around to sending out a letter (in this modern age of electronic mail) and charge £15 for 'handling' (sorry but I have already paid USPS to 'handle' it.). Then you bend over and pay the charges and if you are lucky you get a battered box that has been bashed around by agency staff for a week and a bit. It's a joke that it takes so long never mind the taxation.

Makes you so proud to live in this country doesn't it! Applying tax on second hand bicycles for feck sake when a third of the population is overweight. And they want us to leave our cars at home too.....

A grumpy start to the day :x

The frame has arrived and gets the thumbs up from the girls if not the wife :roll:

4554368420_8235f895ec.jpg

Forks also arrived this morning and are going straight to Kev Winter for modification. He is adding 20mm to the length by adding some rather special custom designed lugged 'feet' to the bottom of the legs with an integrated disc mount and he's removing the canti mounts whilst he's at it.
they are going to look ace for sure.

The Hope mini brakes have been a disappointment for me too, they look cool but don't perform as well as my old XT's from 2000. I had that problem with the brake clamp cracking too which to Hope's credit they replaced FOC. A friend uses the same brake and he hasn't been impressed either, he reckons his Avids perform much better.

Some nice Formula brakes perhaps? I've got some Greg Minnaar "The One" brakes knocking about in a box in the garage, not FS unfortunately as they'll going on the IF ss which I plan on building and giving a thrash this year.

I have Formula The One's on my Cotic and they are super but a bitch to bleed and the pads do tend to drag on the disc more often than not which is annoying. They might be overkill on this but the Formula R1 might be an option.

Not liking the Graftons on this- just don't look right so they have gone to Mansfield Anodisers for a colour change- they will be going on my grellow Yo instead. So I've been looking at a pair of Crank Brothers Cobalt cranks for this- very light with the Ti bottom bracket and look cool but will they suit?

i need to sleep on it

Back