05/05/2010 - The Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I understand the need for all the secrecy that surrounded this.

As has been suggested, seems a bit cliquey really.

Suppose this is what happens with the new breed of 'sub-mods' / AEC things around here nowadays...

In any case, if I'd known earlier I wouldn't have just committed myself to making a presentation on Wednesday evening after work.

Could have arranged to meet up with Mr K and given him his tyre and car keys back...

BB

Not sure I understand the need for all the secrecy that surrounded this.

As has been suggested, seems a bit cliquey really.

Suppose this is what happens with the new breed of 'sub-mods' / AEC things around here nowadays...

Thats a really positive response BB. There was no secrecy as such, we decided to build a little anticipation whilst the plans were made. These things don't just happen by chance you know.

You obviously don't appreciate the efforts that go into putting on organized rides and events, something that the AEC's do for you in their own time and at their own expense. Our job is to put on quality rides and make your day enjoyable.
There is nothing cliquey about it, just hard work. If you could only see the amount of work that goes on, the number of PMs, emails and calls that have to be made you might feel pretty ashamed of your last post.
The only reward we get is to see people out on the rides enjoying themselves- maybe if you made the effort to come to one you would see.

Sometimes I wonder why we bother.

Dr S":28xtms9q said:
Sometimes I wonder why we bother.

Yes, OK Si.

From what I can read here, you haven't really had to do much planning have you?

20.00 everyone gets on a bike and rides - are you really suggesting you have spent hours organising that??

I still stand with what I posted, and certainly feel no shame about it.

All the secrecy was very cliquey and unnecessary...

BB

Well, I'll be out with the Southern Peloponnese area group - that'll be just me out on my own then :roll:

Still, if I can find somewhere with internet access I'll post a photo or two.

just a bit of fun all that anticipation . :LOL:

wont be able to go out on the bike at 8pm , but I will be at 7pm , so I ll just assume I am in france . :D

Andy R":2tkppv7k said:
..that'll be just me out on my own then :roll:

No you won't mate, you'll be out with every other participating member of RB; just not in the same place :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back