Old skool Basso lo-pro

pupp

Dirt Disciple
Just dragged out the loft, where it's been hiding for 10 years... might use for a couple of charidee rides in the summer. Should scare some folk to death with the disk rattle and gear clunks :)

_DSC0037.jpg

Greetings Gary.
I would recognise that bike anywhere.
I also remember doing a 21:11 on the F1 with that old disc in the back of my Colnago.

Hey Chris, how's it going?

I remember the reason the rig went in the loft.... having a minute taken out of me round the valley by a guy on a mountain bike with mudguards! lol

Yeah, still plugging away. Mainly mtb now.
Pretty sure I've seen you recently in an MX5 with a TVR no. plate. Did you have a big exhaust to make it sound like a V8?

Nearly right; was an MGB with a big exhaust and a brace of blowers to complete the illusion. Passed you on Tues night... you looked like you were suffering; found that quite cheering! ;)

Any decent roadraces on locally in the next few weeks?

I was pretending to suffer to make the others feel better.
H/caps have just finished, and the 10s start on Wednesday. There are no local RRs any more, but the Friday night MTB series has gone from strength to strength.

gm1230126":1zakzsa3 said:
Isn't that considered a Basso Gap TT frame?

I really don't know TBH, the frame came to me with little info... I was simply wanting something a little more single minded than my road bike for short club TTs and a dealer/frame builder mate had just put it through his painters. I probably only used it a dozen times but it proved effective enough whenever the rider was.

Have never found much info on Basso (as a maker) by googling etc so grateful for any info

pupp":ncn3t3if said:
gm1230126":ncn3t3if said:
Isn't that considered a Basso Gap TT frame?

I really don't know TBH, the frame came to me with little info... I was simply wanting something a little more single minded than my road bike for short club TTs and a dealer/frame builder mate had just put it through his painters. I probably only used it a dozen times but it proved effective enough whenever the rider was.

Have never found much info on Basso (as a maker) by googling etc so grateful for any info

this site may help:

http://www.classicrendezvous.com/Italy/basso.htm

forgive me if it's a well know site or anything but it's my "go to" if i need info on a builder i've not heard of before.

Back