Airborne Lucky Strike Update P5

saltyman":1ygr44ro said:
RB has went Ti crazy.........had a proper spin on it yet bud?

Not as of yet! work and back! Very happy though! I'm out in the morning at Sherwood forest (used to race there as a young'un) so will give her a propper spanking! Will pop some action shots, full spec and better detail pics up soon as well!

So... Yesterday! 5hrs of playing in the woods and well... AWESOME! Really very impressed how much speed it carries. I did have a moment when there was a nasty crack noise! Ahhhh! i'd not tighten up the bolts on the USE carbon post and the seat slipped resulting in me check every weld :oops: . The White Bros forks are super plush. I did have them a wee bit to firm to begin with but they never missed a beat all day!
Twangy was out with me and played almost all day without a front break! Some brave downhill'in! All in a top day and very pleased with my ti toy!

Attachments

• IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 3,515
  • IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1034.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 3,515
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 3,515
Frame: Airborne Lucky Strike
Fork: White Bros XC4's

Headset: Canes Creek
Stem: Thomson
Handlebar: X-lite Xcross Country rise
Grips: Ritchey WCS foam
Handle bar plugs: Hope, ano red

Brakes: Hope 3's
Brake Levers: Hope

Shifters: XT
Front Derailleur: XT
Rear Derailleur: Ultegra
Derailleur Cables: Titanium woven
Cassette: XTR
Chain: XTR
Cranks: XT
Chainrings: Middleburn inner and Raceface outer
Bottom Bracket: XT
Pedals: XT Spd's

Hub Skewers: Hope ti Ano blue
Rims: Mavic
Hubs: Hope Pro II's
Nipples: I like nipples (girls only pls)
Tyres: Michelin Wildgripper amber 1.95's

Saddle: Charge Spoon
Seatpost: USE Alien carbon
Seatpost Binder: Airborne

A few bits of finishing kit:

Blue ano X-lite aheadset cap
Few ti M5's dotted about here and there
Blue Lizard Skin thing

She needs a clean and soon as i've got round to it i'll take some detailed pics.

Airborne

I just love mine ever more, the more I ride it, sooooo much better than a Merlin or Litespeed to ride, it corners like it's on rails, no frame flex, but just enough give to take the edge off big knocks, You need to spend more-much more they are worth it, Ti seatpost and stem next!

Agreed! They are a stunning ride. I went for a slightly smaller frame
than I'd normally ride (norm 18' and this is 17.5) and I've pointed it at all sorts of stuff and it just has it! I don't think there's much I want to change if I'm honest... I'm keeping a look out for some Middleburn crank arms and I may change the cassette for a 10spd??? But it just does everything I want. Dare I say it... Better than my old Pace? Def knocks the spots of the stumpies I've had. I will get round to some tasty pics at some point. Oh the forks are fffffffkin brill! Currently very happy :D

As promised but not cleaned :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 2,445
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 2,445
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,445
  • IMG_1077.jpg