NE&YORKS Noggin and Natter

4540015575_76baf56f80_b.jpg

4540015581_95f5519663_b.jpg

4540015585_d0896e6df5_b.jpg

nice weather today, im on 24hr callout for gas escapes.........phones been quiet so i done a 25mile lap of the river tyne.......i was deserate to get out!

my tan is awesome :cool:

Bastards all of you!

Spent the day under the rustiest Discovery TDi I've ever seen. Had a disasterous day. Back up compressor finally burnt out it's motor (main comp still not installed since last years move) and then my pressure washer burst it's hose. Frantic dash to the hire shop saved the day but with no sign of a break in the work it looks like it's going to be some time until I can get everything fixed.

On the bike front I made a new spacer for the Bullseyes on the RC100 and finally got the cranks right. Just cable guides to swap out (originals gave cracked) and it will be spot on.

Had a chance to have a good luck at the IF at last. Stunning and really looking forward to building it up. I have finished the designs for the fork mods and will be faxing them to Kev Winter on Monday- they are going to be so cool! Can't decide what bits to fit to it yet. Graftons I bought look too skinny and shiney (so are getting anodized red for the Yo). Only parts I have so far are a saddle (Brooks Swallow Titanium) and a Crank Brothers Cobalt SL headset (62g). I like the Crank Brothers stuff and can't decide wether to get some of those Cobalt XC wheels for it. I've also been tempted by the Cobalt SL crankset in the past too.

Must try and get out for an hour tonight.

Dear all,
I`m just back from a weekend of dusty trails in the peak district. Saturday we did 26 miles from our bunk house in Bamford. We rode up a couple of hills (my new friends ;) ) down a rocky gorge, rode up a broken road then along a ridge bridleway, then dropped off the side into more dusty bits. ended the day with some sweepy ultra fast singletrack playing PACMAN with a few other "users" - AWESOME. In all 4 big climbs on Saturday and Sunday was 18 miles and two big climbs around the Ladybower reservoir.
See you all soon, best wishes Simonside Resident :D
4551274293_07325b1c19.jpg

pic by Steve J Makin

Sounds like you were around Mam Tor on that ridgetop bridle. Have a look at my entry for Photo of the Month- it's taken on that same trail.

I guess it's not going to be dry and dusty this weekend coming. The forcast is a week of rain down there. Cut Gate might be a plop feat again.

Si

Back